Sophie&Tom Lawrence

Waking up to the sunlight coming through the window, everything hurt. My throat was sore, I had a fever and the chills I had coming and going were unbelievable. It could only mean one thing. I had the flu.

I got out of the bed, wondering where my boyfriend Tom was. I knew he had training but I kind of hoped he hadn't left. I felt like complete rubbish and I needed him.

I slowly walked down the stairs, every step hurting my already aching muscles.

I walked into the kitchen to find Tom making breakfast.

"Morning babe" he smiled brightly. "Do you want some pancakes?"

I stood in the doorway, huddled in my housecoat, trying to keep warm.

"No thanks" I croaked. "I'm going to lie on the couch"

"You don't look too good babe", he replied, following me into the living room.

"I don't feel good" I attempted a small smile. "It's this flu. I knew I shouldn't have gone on that hen weekend last week. Must have caught it off one of the others"

"I'll go fetch you a duvet and a pillow" he leaned down, kissing my head as I slowly sat down.

He raced out the living room and raced back with a duvet, a pillow and a bottle of water.

"Here you are" he placed the pillow behind me.

I lay down and he placed the duvet over me.

"Thank you" I whispered.

"Your welcome" he smiled, leaning down to kiss me lightly.

"You'll get sick" I waved him away.

He shrugged and disappeared out the room.

I lay there scrolling on my phone for a while when tom reappeared.

"Where did you go?"

"I had to get my training stuff together" he replied

"I wish you didn't have to go" I pouted, feeling sad that I was going to be on my own for a few hours whilst he went to football training.

"I know. I wish I didn't have to either, I hate having to leave you when your ill" his brown eyes looked a little downcast.

"I'll be okay"

"I promise I'll not be long" he kissed my forehead and left the room.

I heard the front door open.

"Bye. I love you" he called.

"Love you too" I replied then the door closed.

I lay there feeling slightly sorry for myself.

****

Half an hour later, the front door opened.

"Who is it?" I called, my throat not thanking me for it.

"It's me" Tom's voice called back.

"What are you doing back so quickly?"

"I didn't go to training" he came into the living room with a couple of bags.

"What do you mean you didn't go to training?"

"I called in and said I couldn't make it today. That I had a very special girl in my life to look after cause she's not well" he smiled.

I laughed slightly, a smile appearing on my lips.

I loved how he made me feel special and opted to look after me instead of training.

"Was it okay?" I asked. Last thing I wanted was for him to get in trouble with the manager.

"Yeah. I've got training tomorrow. So I need to go to that one. Hopefully you'll be a little better"

He then turned to the bags. "I brought some things back"

He lifted out a bunch of red roses and handed them too me.

"Thank you" I smiled, admiring them as he continued to lift things from the bags.

"Your welcome"

He then lifted paracetamol, more water, ice cream and lots of crisps and chocolate.

I was unsure if I'd be able to eat any of that except the ice cream but it's the thought that counts.

"I thought we could lie here and have a movie day"

"Yes. I'd like that"

He took off his tracksuit top and climbed under the duvet, pulling me close to him.

We clicked through movies eventually settling on some comedy film he liked. I wasn't bothered what we watched, I was happy he was here to make me feel better.

As he laughed at certain points of the film, I couldn't help but look at him.

His eyes sparkling as he laughed. I was so lucky to have him.

"Thank you" I spoke.

"What for?"he looked down at me.

"For staying with me. You make me feel better when I'm ill"

"I'll always be there to make you feel better and make you happy. I love you Sophie" he kissed my lips lightly.

"I love you too" I replied, a smile on my lips once again.

I was so lucky to have him, he truly was the best boyfriend

A/N another chapter. Thank you so much to Sophie for requesting, I hope you like it.💙 All feedback is welcome!