Steph&Declan Rice (Festive Edition)

My phone rang from beside me. I picked it up to see the caller ID was Declan.

"Hey" I spoke as soon as I accepted the call. "Everything okay?"

Declan was my best friend since primary school and I was there for him through every high and low, just as he was for me.

"Hey, yeah everything's okay. Are you busy today?"

"No. I'm just doing prep for my upcoming photoshoot why?"

"I need your help with something. Can we meet at Starbucks in say half an hour?"

I glanced at the clock on the living room wall, it showing it was 1pm. That would give me enough time to sort out the schedule for the next photoshoot for the launch of my perfume.

"Yeah. That's cool. See you then"

"Bye" and with that he hung up the phone.

I continued doing what I was doing before changing out of my PJ's into jeans and some converse.

I couldn't help wonder what he'd need my help with.

It couldn't be anything to do with football cause he'd go to the boys for that; ie Mason, Jack,Ben and Luke.

It wouldn't be any woman trouble; him and Lauren were solid and have been for years.

Then it clicked: what if he was planning to propose to Lauren over the festive holidays? I hoped it was, I loved Lauren.

I grabbed my bag and headed out to my car. Getting in and throwing my bag on the passengers side. I started the engine, put my seatbelt on and pulled out of my driveway and in the direction of Starbucks.

I arrived outside Starbucks to find Declan already inside, seated at the back waiting.

"Hey" I greeted him as I sat across from him.

"Hey" he smiled back, putting his phone down.

"Everything okay?"

He nodded. "I need your help with something for Lauren"

"Are you going to propose?" I whispered, throwing the question out there.

"I am!" He grinned. "How did you know?"

"I just had a feeling" I shrugged.

"So I'm planning to do it Christmas morning as we open gifts with our family's" he went on, to which I nodded. "I need your help on picking a ring that you know Lauren will love if that's alright?"

"I'm so excited for you both and so happy!" I smiled. "Of course it's ok. I'm happy you asked me to help"

"Do you want a coffee?" He asked as he drained the last of his. "Or do you want to get straight to the ring shopping?"

"Ring shopping" I grinned, standing up. "I'm so excited to help you pick one"

We left Starbucks and walked into the shopping centre on the hunt for jewellery shops.

"What about this one?" Declan asked as he pointed out a ring in the window.

"Too plain" I laughed. "If I know Lauren correctly at all she'll want something that sparkles but not too big"

He nods. "I feel like you know her better than me" he laughed.

"She is my best friend now too" I pointed out.