Y/N& João Félix

"Are you sure you'll be ok with Mia" You asked as you grabbed your bag.

"Yes" João waved his hand towards the door with a smile. "We will be fine. Now go before you end up late"

"See you later baby girl" you say bending down to your daughter who gives you a smile.

"See you soon" you lean down kissing João lightly.

"See you later" he replies. "Now go before you do end up late" he adds with a chuckle.

You nod as you make your way to the door.

"Bye love you" you call over your shoulder before the door closed.

"Love you Y/N" you heard João reply.

You get into your car and make the short drive across London to your work.

You were a hair stylist in a hairdressers in the central London who mostly did celebrity hair.

Today was your first day back at work after being on maternity leave and if you were honest, you weren't ready to go back yet.

****
You had been working for a few hours doing hair for photoshoots and it was finally lunch .

As you sat down to eat your chicken salad your phone rang with a facetime from João.

"Hi!" You beamed at the camera once you answered. "This is a nice surprise"

"Hey babe" João smiles back at you, holding Mia on his lap. "We thought we would check in with mummy, didn't we?" He kissed the top of Mia's head.

"Have you been having fun?"

"We have" João nods. "We've been playing with the building bricks, watched numerous episodes of Peppa Pig and even read a book"

"Sounds fun, doesn't it baby" you directed to Mia who happily smiled seeing your face on the phone. "I can't wait to get home. I miss you both"

"We miss you too! Won't be long till your finished work" João smiles.

"I can't wait!"

"Love you" you both say before the call ends.

You finish up your lunch and get back to work, counting down the hours left till you were home with João and Mia.

***

You pulled into the driveway of your house and got out your car before locking it.

"Peek a boo" you heard from the living room as you opened the front door"

"I'm home" you called as you set your bag and keys down, slipping off your shoes.

You made your way into the living room to find João sitting on the floor with Mia playing peek-a-boo with her teddy bear. Mia was giggling away as you sat down on the sofa.

"How was work?" João asked getting up from the floor before picking up Mia and sitting beside you.

"Great" you smiled. "Glad to be home to my favourite people. How was your day?" you reached out for Mia.

"Great" João smiled back, handing Mia to you. "We had lots of fun. We've been playing peek-a-boo with ted here for half an hour" João laughed.

"Did you have fun baby" you gave Mia a hug.

"Dada" Mia spoke, reaching her hands out to João.

"Yeah dada" you replied not clicking on just yet.

"Y/N. I think she just said dada"

"Dada" Mia said again.

"Oh" you gasped. "she spoke her first word!"

"I know"João replied happily, taking Mia into his lap as she was reaching out for him.

"She spoke her first word João!" You said again excitedly. "I can't believe it!"

"I know! Who's a clever girl" João directed to Mia who was happily grabbing João fingers.

You had tears of joy in your eyes as you kissed Mia lightly on her cheek. "You cleaver girl. Did you have fun with dada?"

"Dada" she spoke again, making you so proud and happy; all different emotions at once.

You couldn't believe your baby was now speaking and that her first word had been Dada.

"What do you want for dinner?" You asked João as you got up from the sofa.

"You choose" he smiled, his eyes glistening a little from Mia saying dada.

"I fancy a roast dinner" you laughed to which he nodded.

"Sounds good babe"

You headed into the kitchen and made a start on dinner.

As you stood gazing out the window, you couldn't believe how proud you and João were of Mia.

And you couldn't believe she had said her first word.

You were just glad you didn't miss one of her firsts, which made you doubt whether going back to work was something you wanted to do at that moment in time...

A/N Another update! Hope you like it!

Thank you once again for all the support, it's appreciated.

I'm maybe thinking of doing a festive series? Still footballer imagines but each day is a different festive imagine around Christmas/new year. Let me know if you would like that!

Requests are opened, just drop a message of your preference ❤️