K&MasonMount

We were now into the new season of the Premier League and Manchester United were facing Arsenal in the upcoming game.

"Are you excited?" I asked Mason as we got ready to leave.

"Yeah. I get to see Kai and Declan" was all he said as we headed out to the car.

He was distant lately and I didn't really know why and it was beginning to annoy me a little.

I didn't reply as we got into the car because Mason didn't realise I was struggling with his career move.

Don't get me wrong, I was proud of him for joining Man Utd but I was feeling lost without Sophia by my side at games; not that Mason noticed or asked.

We drove to Old Trafford in silence, only the radio playing gently in the background.

We eventually arrived and got out of the car, the silence still hanging slightly in the air.

Usually Mase would reach for my hand as we walked through the doors but today our fingers barely touched.

"Good luck" I smiled as we went our separate ways.

"Thanks" he returned the smile and headed to the dressing room.

I walked to my seat in the stands to be met by Ana who was Bruno Fernandes wife and Maja who was Victor Lindelöf girlfriend. I loved spending time with them but it wasn't the same.

"Hi k" they greeted me with a light hug.

"Hi" I smiled back and took my seat beside them.

"Are you excited for the game?" Ana asked.

"Yeah" I smiled. "Are you?"

Both nodded.

What made today a little worse was that Sophia was in the stadium but on the other end.

My phone pinged with a message. I looked at it to see it was from Sophia.

Are you ok?xxx

Yeah. It's a little lonely over here lol wbu?xxx

I'm okay! I miss my best friend though 😔xxx

Same! I miss you so much. The games aren't the same xxx

Meet up tomorrow?xxx

Yeah! Go for coffee?xxx

Yeah. See you tomorrow xxx

❤️❤️

I relaxed a little knowing I'd see Sophia tomorrow. Maybe Kai and Mason would join us too.

I just wished Mason would notice how I was feeling.

***

It was now into extra time with both teams one goal each. It looked promising for Manchester United but before the whistle blew, Arsenal gained two more goals. One by Gabriel Jesus and the other by Declan Rice.

Mason lookes defeated but ran over after the whistle blew to have a chat with Declan and Kai.

I left the stand after hugging Ana and Maja and headed to the car to wait for Mase.