K& João Félix

"Dad" our daughter Adri called as she came through the door from school.

"Yeah?" João called back from the kitchen where we were both sitting with a cup of tea.

Adri comes into the kitchen, quickly giving me a hug before going over to João. She wraps her arms around him before taking a seat beside him.

"We have a dance recital coming up and I was wondering if you would come"

"Of course I will" he smiles. "When is it?"

"Two days time"

"That sounds lovely Adri. Is mum not aloud to come" I add, jokingly.

"It is mum" she turns to me. "Of course you can come. It's just you've seen me dance before when dad hasn't. He's been at training or a match has taken place on that day" I nodded, letting her know I understood.

"I'll be there"

"Thanks dad" she replies, getting up from the stool. "I've got a few homework peices to do"

I nod. "I'll call you when dinners ready"

"Okay mum"

She disappears upstairs to her room, leaving me and João alone again.

"Don't let her down" I warn him. "You can see how excited she is"

"I won't" he held his hand up.

"I'll make a start on dinner" I say, getting up from the stool and going to the fridge. "I'm thinking tacos?"

"Sounds good babe. Do you want any help?"

"No I'm good" I smile.

He kissed my cheek lightly. "I'll go play FIFA with some of the boys from the team"

I nod and continue prepping the food for tacos.

Half an hour later, dinner was ready.

"Dinner" I called upstairs to Adri.

She came rushing downstairs and took her seat at the table. I placed the bowls with the stuff inside so everyone could make their own.

I took a seat across from her as we waited on João to come in.

"I'm so excited for this mum" she said, making her tacos.

"I know tacos are your favourite" I joked

I knew she was really talking about the dance recital.

She rolled her eyes at me playfully as João came and sat down. "You know I'm meaning my dance recital"

"I know you are" I smiled at her

"I can't believe your coming dad" she turns to João.

"I know. I'm looking forward to it" he smiled back at her.

We sat just talking away as we had dinner before chilling out for the evening

***
It was the day of the recital and Adri was nervous.

"Are you looking forward to it today?" I ask her as she grabs what she needs.

"Yeah" she smiles. "I'm nervous but excited. I'm so happy dad is coming"

"Yeah. I'm sure he won't miss it Ads"

"Are you still coming mum?" She asked as she put her dance outfit in her bag.