Steph&MasonMount

I was nervous and trying to hard not to cry. Mason was downhearted and a little nervous too.

Today was Mason's last day at Stamford Bridge and honestly, I think my heart was breaking just as much as his.

"Ready to go?" He asked, picking up his bag with his Chelsea stuff for the last time.

I nodded, too afraid to speak incase I cried.

I know it shouldn't be affecting me as much since I was just Mason's girlfriend but after being there with him through the Champions League and seeing him pick up his player of the year awards- It hurt me to walk away from the club where I had made friends- just like it was hurting Mason to leave his teammates behind.

In a way I was saying goodbye too. To all of the players I had became friends with like Ben who was like my brother and Kai who was the same to me.

But I think my biggest goodbye would be to sophia. No more sitting at Chelsea games with her as Kai was leaving also for Arsenal.

We went outside to the car, locking the front door behind us. Mason took the drivers side as I got into the passengers side.

He started the engine and pulled out of the driveway in complete silence, lost in his thoughts.

"Are you okay?" I asked as we stopped at traffic lights.

"Yeah" he breathed, his hands gripping the steering wheel a little tight. "I just can't believe I'm saying goodbye. I know I could stay but it doesn't seem right for my career"

"I know" I rubbed my fingers over the back of his hand. "There's no saying you won't come back to Chelsea in the future"

He nodded as the lights turned green. "I hope so. I just know so many fans are going to fucking hate me for leaving"

"You shouldn't think like that!" I scolded him a little. "The ones who really love you and support you still will no matter what team your with"

I knew Mason's choice of team was Manchester United and I also knew how much hate he would receive for that choice.

We stayed in a comfortable silence the rest of the way until we pulled into the car park at Stamford Bridge.

"You ready?" He asked as he laced his fingers with mine.

"Yeah" I replied. "I can't believe your not in the starting eleven today"

Chelsea were playing Newcastle today but Mason couldn't play due the abdominal injury he had received and was recovering from.

"I know but Frank didn't want to risk it" he rolled his eyes. "I told him I feel okay to play but was told no"

"It's better to be safe than sorry" I shrugged.

We made our way through the main entrance to the point where we would be going our separate ways for the final time.

"Good luck" I smiled as he made his way to the changing rooms.

He returned the smile, shaking his head playfully. "I love you"

"I love you too" I replied and headed to my seat for the last time.

When I got there, Sophia was already there.

"Steph!" She jumped up to hug me, her eyes already filled with tears.

"Sophia!" I returned the hug, my own eyes starting to fill up.

"I can't believe we won't be sitting next to each other again" she spoke as she sat down.

"I know unless the two of them come back to Chelsea" I sat down. "Is Kai excited for his move?"

"Would be good" she smiled. "And yeah he's excited but he'll probably receive hate for it but it's what he wants and I'll support him all the way"

"Same with Mason"

"Does he know what team he's going to yet?"

I shook my head. "No, he's not sure"

I know I was sort of lying to my best friend but Mason didn't want anyone to know he was thinking of Manchester United incase it got leaked to the press.

I could trust Sophia with my life but I was going to respect Mason's decision to keep it secret.

"Hopefully he'll decide soon" she smiled.

I nodded as the game kicked off.

Where Sophia and I were sitting, I could see Mason and he just looked so sad.

***
The game had ended 1-1 and the players were going around applauding and waving to the fans.

I seen Mason going around applauding the fans,looking so heartbroken.

Sophia and I made our way to meet Kai and Mason from the changing rooms, wiping tears from our own eyes.

"You okay?" I asked Mason as he emerged from the changing rooms with Kai behind him. Both looking a little teary.

"Yeah" he nodded. "Are you?"

"Yeah" I replied, even though my eyes were a little red.

We walked out to the car with Sophia and Kai.

"I can't believe this is it. Our last time at a Chelsea game together" Sophia turned to me as we reached Mason's car.

"I know" I swallowed to stop tears from falling. We'll meet up through the summer break"

"Yeah" she hugged me. "We can all do dinner together. Even though our boys will be going to different teams. We will always be best friends. I'm so glad I met you!" A year slid down her cheek.

"Always!" I hugged her back as tears fell down my cheeks. "I'm so glad I met you too"

Kai came over to give me a hug which made me cry a little more.

"Don't cry" he smiled as he pulled away from the hug.

"I can't help it" I weakly smiled. "I'm going to miss you both so much"

"We'll miss you both too but trust me, Sophia and I will never be away from yours and Mason's house" he laughed.

I nodded, wiping another tear from my cheeks.

We all hugged each other again before getting into our cars.

Mason pulled out of Stamford Bridge and headed in the direction of home.

We were both silentcojcthe way, each lost in our own thoughts.

We arrived home, kicking our shoes off at the bottom of the stairs before going into the living room.

"I'm so proud of you" I told Mason as we sat down on the sofa.

"Thanks" he smiled. "It means a lot having you in my corner"

"I'll always be in your corner. No matter what your decision is. No matter what team you go too. I'll always be proud of you"

"I love you" he leaned over, placing his lips on mine. "I love having you support me"

"I'll always support you" I returned the kiss. "And I love you too"

We settled down, cuddled up to watch a film. Today's events playing on our minds.

A/N  sorry if you cried at this! I was in my feelings about Mason leaving and fancied writing about it lol! Who wants a part 2?

Thanks as always for the support I appreciate it!