Sophie&Ryan Jack

The day had arrived. The Europa League final with Rangers Vs Frankfurt.

The nerves you feel for a big game like this, felt just the same whether you were watching at home or there in the stadium surrounded by fans.

I was so nervous and I wasn't attending the game. I suppose it didn't help having your boyfriend in the Rangers squad.

Ryan had just left as I had opted to stay at home and watch it here and there as I did laundry and tidied up around the house.

I couldn't face it. It was either going to be a celebration or a loss, I was hoping it would be a celebration. After all Rangers deserved to win. Maybe I was just biased since my boyfriend was on the team.

***
I had just finished folding laundry when I heard the commentator's voice ring out.

"And after 90 minutes, the game has gone to penalties"

I sighed as I sat down. I couldn't imagine how Ryan and the team would be feeling right now; frustrated? Drained? Upbeat?

The penalities started and rangers had gotten three penalities in so far as did Frankfurt.

Aaron Ramsey stepped up, took a breath and took the penalty. Only for it not to go in.

"No" I whispered to myself.

Frankfurt had won on the penalities. 5-4 being the final score.

It was devestating for Aaron and the team, I couldn't imagine how he was feeling on missing it. They would all be heartbroken.

I knew Ryan would be disappointed and heartbroken. Especially since they came so far just for it to end in the blink of an eye.

I headed into the kitchen to make pancakes with Nutella and strawberries as it was one of Ryan's favourites, I just hoped it would cheer him up a little.

***
Half an hour later the door closed.

"Where are you Sophs?" Ryan asked as I heard him set his bag down.

"In here" I called back from the kitchen where I had laid out the pancakes and a few of his other favourites.

He looked so defeated as he joined me in the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" I asked, getting up from the stool to wrap my arms around him.

"I can't believe we lost Sophs" he leaned his head on my shoulder. "I was so sure we had it"

"I know. I thought you did too. Aaron must feel so rubbish too"

"Did you watch it?" To which I nodded in response. "He is. He's so devestated He blames himself for us loosing. The whole team is devestated"

"You would be. Especially to come so close for it to disappear in the blink of an eye" I kissed his cheek lightly.

"Yeah" he sighed, pulling away from me and running his hand through his hair.

It took him a minute to see all the things laid out on the kitchen island. When he did, his face lit up a little.

"Did you do all this for me?" He asked.

"Yeah" I nodded as I took a seat. "I thought it might cheer you up a little"

"Thank you so much" he hugged me as passed by to sit across from me.

"I was thinking we could maybe watch a film if you wanted"

"Yeah that would be perfect" he smiled as he cut into his pancakes.

We ate in a comfortable silence before I cleared up and Ryan grabbed a beer.

He stood waiting by the door.

"Go in and pick the film. I'll be in once I've loaded the plates into the dishwasher" I smiled.

He returned the smile before disappearing from the kitchen.

I loaded the plates into the dishwasher and placed the leftovers into the fridge before joining Ryan in the cinema room where he had picked a comedy film.

I cuddled into him on the sofa as he wrapped his arms around me as the film began.

It was a comfortable silence with the occasional laugh at a funny bit.

As the credits eventually rolled onto the screen, Ryan turned to me.

"Thanks for this" he smiled. "I think it was just what I needed"

"Your welcome" I returned the smile. "Anything to see you happy after tonight"

"Yeah" he squeezed my hand affectionately. "I'm so lucky to have you"

"So am I" I replied as he leaned towards me, placing his lips on mine.

"I love you so much Sophs" he continued.

"I love you too Ryan" I returned the kiss.

I would always be there to cheer him up on his losses in games. And be there cheering him on when games were won.

It was just the way we were; each others supporters through everything.

A/N Thank you to Sophie for requesting, I hope you like it! As always request if you would like one and thank you for all the support shown so far ❤️