K& João Félix

"I'm so nervous" I said to João as I finished packing my bag.

"You'll be fine K" he assured me,gently rubbing my shoulder.

I was going in to the hospital for surgery on a minor heart defect and I was nervous as anything about it.

"I'm so glad you are able to be with me" I turned to face him, wrapping my arms around his waist and leaning my head on his shoulder. "I think I would be a lot more nervous than I am now without you"

"Of course I was going to be there with you. I wouldn't let you go on your own" he lightly kissed my hair.

"I appreciate you so much" I replied, pulling away from him to check the time. "We best get going"

I grabbed my jacket from the sofa as João grabbed my bag.

I had packed a few things as they told me I would be in for a couple of days.

We went outside to the car, João taking the drivers seat as I walked round to the passengers side.

He pulled out of the driveway and headed in the direction of the hospital.

When we arrived, my nerves got slightly worse.

"I'm so nervous" I panicked a little. "I don't know if I can go in just yet"

João pulled me close. "You will be fine. I'm there with you and I'll be there waiting on you after your surgery" he kissed me lightly.

I nodded, letting out a breath I didn't realise I was holding.

We went inside and I booked in. We then got shown to the room where I would be staying for the few days after the surgery.

Half an hour later, a nurse entered the room.

"Are you ready K?" She smiled.

"Yeah I guess so" I replied, forcing a smile.

"You'll be fine" João wrapped his arms around me, kissing me lightly. "I'll be right here waiting"

I returned the kiss.

"Promise?" I called as they wheeled me towards the door of the room.

"I promise" João called back as the door closed behind me.

***
I felt groggy as the bright lights of the room hit me.

"João" I called in a slight whisper.

"I'm here babe" he grabbed my hand. "Are you okay?"

"I am now" I smiled though I was in a little pain.

I hadn't even noticed all the things that were surrounding me.

He had decorated the room with red heart shaped balloons that read 'i love you'. A giant teddy bear, a box of chocolates lay on the table next to where he was sat alongside a bunch of red roses.

As I looked around the room, noticing everything he had did. My eyes filled up a little.

"Why are you crying?" João asked a hint of concern in his voice.

"I'm a little emotional " I laughed, waving him off. "Why did you do all this?"

"I wanted to something special for you returning from surgery. Something that would cheer you up" he smiled, the grin that made me fall in love with him in the first place.

"And this is what I came up with" he gestured to the room. "Do you like it?'

"I love it" I smiled back to him.

"And since there's a TV. We can watch Netflix for a while"

I nodded. "Are you able to stay?"

"Yeah. I spoke to the nurse earlier and she said I can stay with you until you are getting released. So you are stuck with me" he teased. "Do you need me to get you anything?"

"No. I just want you to come and lay with me"

He got into the bed beside me, lacing his fingers with mine as I lay my head on his chest.

"What are we watching?" He asked, flicking through Netflix.

"You pick" I smiled at him. "I don't care what we watch. I'm just happy your here with me"

He smiled at me before picking a comedy film and we settled down.

"I appreciate you so much" I turned to face him.

"And I appreciate you" he smiled back.

"Thank you for all this" I gestured to the room.

"Anything for you babe" he winked playfully earning him a slap on the arm.

I really was lucky to have João. He was the perfect boyfriend. Always there when I needed him; like today. Surprising me with little gifts when I didn't expect it. Most of all, he loved me for me.

"I love you" I kissed him lightly.

"I love you too" he returned the kiss and turned back to the film.

I lay my head back on his chest, slowly falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

A/N Another update, finally 😂! Thank you to K for requesting! I hope you like it.

Requests are opened if you would like one just drop me a message! As always thank you so much for the support, not just on these imagines but on all my other stories too, it's appreciated!