Chapter 14

‘Since it’s the only thing I can do’

     It’s been 3 months since the incident and let’s just say Tommy's life is going …uhm… just fine.

     I mean if ‘just fine’ meant getting bullied more, cutting his arms more frequently or getting hit by his foster parents.

    Then yep his life is going well. Tommy had just woken up and he felt pain in his whole body.

    ‘What the fuck…. Oh yea. I might as well get ready even though I don't have work or school.’

    You see Ms.Clementine told him not to come in on Saturday and Sunday. She noticed that he looked paler than usual. 

   So she gave him those days off but it was also because he would always come there in the past 3 months and wouldn’t take a break.

    But that wasn’t all she basically threatened him with: “If you don’t take a break I will tell those friends of yours about what is going on at home”.

   So he was forced to agree but just that threat had sent shivers down his spin. When Tommy was done getting ready he fed Shroud (the little crow). 

     He went to look at his phone and notice that it was 6:50. He unplugged his phone that was a little broken from the beating he got at school.

    You see one of the bullies had grabbed his phone and thrown it on the floor and stepped on it two times.

     Tommy quickly shook off that memory and grabbed his earphones.

    As Tommy was plugging in the earphones to his phone he thought of where to go.

    ‘Should I go to a park? Nah. I think I know where I should go. To the mall since I haven’t been there. After all, I should buy some new clothes.’

    With that Tommy was out the door and heading to the mall, which he had to take a bus. {keep in mind Tommy is still wearing a hoodie that hides his face.}  

      As Tommy was approaching the bus stop with his head down. He decided to look up since he wanted to see who was there.

     Tommy stood frozen as he looked at Tubbo, Ranboo, Purpled, Dream and Punz were at the bus stop.

     He snapped out of it as he saw the bus was turning the corner. He quickly focused on the floor and walked to the bus stop as Tommy got there so did the bus.

     So he quickly got on the bus and felt relieved when he sat down. He was still a little tense since they got on the bus but he didn’t care and neither should they. 

     After all he told them to back off and stop caring about him after they had gotten in a fight for him.

     But he didn’t need their pity and even if it wasn’t pity he has always defended himself.

     He doesn’t need them and he never will. Tommy felt as a tear fell down his cheek.

     ‘What the fuck those motherfucker just had to…. Whatever stop fucking crying’ was all he thought as the bus continued on.

    As Tommy made it to his bus stop he got up from his seat and got off. 

     As he slowly lifted up his head to see the mall his eyes also lit up.

    ‘Okay snap out of it we came here for clothes and anything that catches my interest’ he thought as he walked in.

    It’s been two hours and Tommy had gotten a lot of clothes so he decided that was enough. But as he was about to find the nearest exit something caught his eyes.

     His eyes landed on a little plush cow and right next to it was a red bandana with two music discs one purple and the other green.

    ‘Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to buy this I mean ugh fuck this’ he thought as he walked into the store. 

   When he walked into the store he asked an employee where he could find the stuff he wanted.

    They tell him where and he walked to the section but before he got there he noticed Jared was picking on some kid.

    ‘Ugh am I really going to do this…’ he thought as he noticed the kid was about to start crying. ‘Fuck it’

   “Well if isn’t Jared” Tommy said he noticed as Jared turned around with a smirk.

    “Tommy, my old dear pal,” Jared said with sarcasm. 

   “Mate, stop bothering the poor kid. He shouldn’t have to deal with your stupid ego” Tommy said with a serious look on his face.

    “Wow Tommy being serious this is new” Jared said as he looked Tommy up and down.

   “But I guess this isn’t new. You always stand up for other people but never for yourself.” Jared said as he sighed to himself.

    “What the fuck is that supposed to mean huh” Tommy said to Jared as his blood boiled.

     “Nothing… I might as well leave after all you're boring me with your words” Jared said as he walked out of Tommy's view.

     Tommy just sighed as he walked to the child.

    “Are you alright mate?” Tommy said with a gentle smile and the child shook his head saying yes.

    “Well that’s good mate now go back to your mother and father okay?” Tommy said as the child went to go with his family.

     As Tommy was about to leave to find the thing he wanted. 

    But he stopped when he heard a familiar voice.“You know Jared is kind of right-”