Chapter 26

"You don't think that applies to us, right Jared. After all, we weren't born with it. Since they made us like this." Tommy said with a little chirp in the end.

{Nobody's pov [still]}

     "I don't know Toms. But if it does then I'm screwed." Jared said as he looked to the floor.

      "What do you mean?" Tommy said.

       "Well George smelled like vanilla and I decided to tell him. But now that I think about it he wanted to see if Eret said the truth." Jared said.

      "You aren't the only one they tested," Tommy said. Jared was about to say something but he already knew the answer.

       "So we are both a pair of idiots," Jared said.

      "Hey Jared, we might be a pair of idiots but it technically wasn't our fault." Tommy said as he stared at the book.

      "Huh, what do you mean?" Jared said with confusion written all over his face.

      "Well think about it, who's fault is it that we are like this and why didn't they give us a book. So we can watch out for these kinds of things or situations," Tommy said and Jared knew he was right for once.

   "Alright I see your logic and it makes sense." Jared said as he shook his head in disbelief that he was agreeing with a child.

    "Alright asswhole what are you thinking about? I know that face that you are making is saying something. But I know that it is an offense so you better speak up." Tommy said with his arms crossed.

     "Toms I would never say anything bad now let's go back to the conversation. Alright" Jared said as he patted the floor. "Fine I will but don't think this is over." Tommy said with a little smile.

    "Alright I know it's not over. But Toms, do you think they're that stupid." Jared said thinking there is more behind this.

     "Hmm... I actually do think so. Since being a hybrid type is something rare that could happen. Plus the government always tries to keep people from finding the truth about them. Like nobody knows if the government had actually killed them all or they are possibly under their protection." Tommy said, trying to reason it out.

    "Well, I get your reasoning. After all, I have never seen someone that is just like us." Jared said, still figuring out why he is agreeing with this idiot.

      Tommy quickly smacked Jared upside his head. Since he could feel like Jared was judging him.

       "Owhh what the heck!" Jared said as the school bell rang notifying them lunch was over.

       "Well I guess it's time to go to class." Tommy said with a little grin.

       "You little-... You are so lucky Thomas. I'll get you back for that." Jared said as they both got up from the floor.

      "Yea Yea let's go with that" Tommy said with a smirk on his face.

       "Alright then, I'm letting that comment slide and see you tomorrow, Tom's" Jared said as he and Tommy reached the library door.

      Tommy then said something that made him agree with Tommy. "We probably shouldn't do anything that could reveal ourselves since they might not know yet. And also make sure to avoid them, Jared."

        "Alright I'll try too" Jared said as the library door closed behind them.

    But without Jared and Tommy knowing there was a person in the library. Who didn't want to hear anything but heard all of it. The person stood up and put back his mythology book. As the person was walking out of the library he grabbed his hair into a low ponytail. He looked to the left and saw them walking to class and all he could think about was the information that he had just heard. But decided to talk to his dad about it when he got home and with that he went to class.