four

Camila furrowed her eyebrows. This didn't look right. She twirled around in front of the mirror and huffed.

"You are not pretty," she stated, pulling the navy dress over her head and tossing it aside. Her eyes landed on the pastel yellow dress hanging in the closet, but she forced herself to look away. It was bright. That wasn't normal. Lauren wanted her to be normal.

After Lauren had left the next morning, Camila immediately locked herself in the bedroom and began practicing. Practicing for being normal.

Dinah had said the 'normal' couples went to the party. So Camila had to be normal. That's what Lauren would want.

The smaller girl padded back over to the closet. She didn't want to wear a dress, she decided. That was okay. Normal people could wear skirts, too.

Camila retrieved her favorite purple skirt from the closet and slipped it on. She smiled happily at herself in the mirror, pleased with her reflection. After finding a ruffled white top to wear as well, Camila studied herself in the mirror. She looked normal.

Luckily, she had watched Lauren do her hair enough times to catch on to what she needed to do. She shuffled across the hallway and found the pink spray bottle that the older girl always used. Camila turned it around in her hands, furrowing her eyebrows when she realized she wasn't sure how to use it.

A few seconds later, she was coughing and spitting out the foul tasting substance into the sink. Well, at least she found out how to use it.

After wiping her face on a towel, Camila sprayed the product in her hair a few times and set the bottle down. She studied her reflection intently while she ran her fingers through her hair a few times.

All that was left was makeup. This was the part she was unsure of. She remembered Lauren using a black bag in the cabinets. Camila knelt down, retrieving the makeup bag and dumping its contents onto the counter.

The smaller girl immediately grabbed a colorful container, struggling to pop the lid off. She didn't know her own strength, though, because once she finally got the lid off, bobby pins went flying across the tile floor.

"Shhh," Camila whispered, bending down and beginning to pick all the small pieces up. When she stood up with her handfuls of bobby pins, she nearly fell back down as she came face to face with Normani.

"What're you doing?" the taller girl asked, raising an eyebrow at Camila's outfit.

"I..." Camila shook her head, spilling the bobby pins back into the small container. "I am getting ready."

"For what?" Normani asked. Camila motioned to her outfit and smiled.

"The party," she hummed, turning back to the sink and studying the makeup products she'd placed on the counter. "Me and Lolo are going."

"Does Lauren know this?" Normani laughed softly, slipping past Camila and sitting on the edge of the bathtub. Camila furrowed her eyebrows and shrugged.

"She will when she gets back," Camila giggled and held up a makeup brush. Tilting her head to the side, the smaller girl grew confused.

"I do not know what I am doing," Camila confessed, turning to Normani and holding up the brush. The other girl laughed, standing up and shaking her head.

"You don't use that first," she took the brush from Camila and placed it back down on the counter. "You don't need a lot of make up."

"But I have to be pretty," Camila raised her eyebrows pleadingly.

"You already are, doofus," Normani laughed and grabbed a circular container of blush, opening it and turning to Camila. "Is it okay if I help you?"