*Bonus Chapter* {Neteyam's PoV}

Lo'ak has been sneaking out for the past few nights. I caught him returning home the first night, but I didn't confront him. I saw him leaving the second and third night as well. On the fourth night, I saw him leave. This was the night I was going to find out where he disappears to.

I had several suspicions, most of them revolving around a girl. My top suspect was Atala. The two of them seemed like great friends, and it didn't seem like too much of a stretch that they would fall for the other. They had also been particularly more flirty and touchy the past few days, since I caught Lo'ak sneaking out.

The night before, I followed him for about five minutes. He didn't go far, just into a dense brush that separated the beach from the forest. If I can just make it through (although after a life time of living in the jungle, I doubt it will be any trouble) then I will find Lo'ak and whoever he is sneaking off with.

At around midnight, Lo'ak still hasn't returned home. Previously, Lo'ak came home before this time, but he still wasn't here. So I carefully set out to find my brother.

I carefully step through the foliage. After a few minutes of walking, I see a cove up ahead. As I get closer, I see two Na'vi on the floor, making out! I freeze. It has to be Lo'ak and someone else, but who?

Shit, now what do I do? I hadn't expected them to be making out. At most, I thought they would be just hanging out. So I decide to interrupt. Yes, it will be awkward but I need to be sure no one's taking advantage of my innocent baby bro.

I walk onto the beach, maybe ten feet away from them. The skin tone of the second Na'vi is unique. As I get closer, the other person moves away from Lo'ak and turns her gaze on me. As I suspected, it's Atala. 

"Ah, now what do we have here? The mighty warrior finally got himself a girlfriend." I call out to them. Lo'ak follows Atala's gaze and spots me. She freezes for a moment, unsure of what to do, until I raise my eyebrows and Atala gets up off of Lo'ak. She stands up, then pulls him up. She leads Lo'ak and herself to me.

Lo'ak's eyes are downcast, ashamed. Atala, on the other hand, is staring me right in the eye defiantly, as if daring me to snitch on them.

The three of us stand in awkward silence for a moment, no one quite sure what to say.

I'm almost unsurprised when Atala speaks first. "So, Neteyam," She relaxes her posture. "Are you gonna run to Jake and Neytiri to rat us out?"

I squirm a bit. I had actually been considering telling my parents. Of course, I would never tell Atala or Lo'ak this. Despite being at least a head shorter than me, Atala is incredibly intimidating. With her piercing green eyes, defiant gaze and air of disdain, she is one scary little shit.

"Why would I tell my parents about this?" I ask. "The only reason I'm here is to make sure my baby bro isn't being dumb." I smirk at Lo'ak.

"Bro.." he says, scratching his head. "Can you just leave? I'll be home in like ten minutes, but you need to leave."

I look between the two of them. Atala still seems confidently shameless, Lo'ak seems humiliated. "Fine. But you need to be home before mom and dad find out." I say to Lo'ak. As I turn to leave, Atala calls out to me. "Make sure they don't hear you get in. Then you'll have to explain for the both of you."

"I can sneak in without being heard." I say, bitterness creeping in my voice. Why would she think I can't sneak in? 

I get back to the house and make it to my bed undetected. Atala would be proud. I wait up until I hear soft footsteps in the room. I roll over to see Lo'ak slipping into his bed.

"Hey bro?" He says softly. "Thanks for not embarrassing me tonight."

I stifle a laugh. "No worries bro." I say. "But you can bet I'll be doing that tomorrow morning."

Lo'ak groans quietly.

"Good night bro." I say. Lo'ak doesn't respond.

I think Atala is a good influence on Lo'ak. I've noticed he's been calmer in the days that he's been hanging out with her. They balance each other out well. I think they'll be good together. As long as they don't get in deep shit with our and Atala's parents, that is.