Chapter 29 {Atala's PoV}

**This chapter contains graphic violence**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take a breath before presenting my plan to Jake. "I have a plan," I say. Jake turns to me and gestures for me to continue. "Everyone up front, attack. Then, me and maybe two others will sneak onto the ship, get Lo'ak, plant bombs and get out."

Jake raises his eyebrows. "Where do you plan on getting bombs from?" He questions.

My eyes fly to the ocean floor. "There's this type of sea urchin. If it is out of the water for too long, it will explode. And the blast isn't small. And I think there will be enough time for us to get Lo'ak, if we're stealthy and quick enough. The bombs will be a distraction and hopefully cause some damage."

Jake looks skeptical. "Are you sure-"

"It's not like you have a better plan." I argue. "Besides, we don't have a lot of time, so if you're going to come up with your own plan, do it fast."

Jake gives in. "Fine. Who should the two others be?" 

I think for a moment. "Neytiri and Neteyam." Both of these people are skilled in combat, and they should be able to be stealthy enough.

"Fine." Jake says, not looking too happy about my choices. "Go get them, let me know when you leave. I'll leave at the same time as you."

"You have to tell Neytiri with your communicator thingy." I say as I swim away.

Neteyam willingly agrees to my plan. I lead him back to Jake. "Neytiri will meet you at the back of the ship." Jake says. "Good luck."

"Thank you, sir." Neteyam and I chorus. He salutes us as we dive under the surface.

Follow me, we're going to the back of the ship. I say, using the Metkayina sign language. Only sign anything you need to say when we're on the ship.

Neteyam doesn't argue, so we swiftly make our way underneath and then behind the ship. I manage to climb onto the deck and assist the Neteyam up. Neytiri lands on the ship as soon as he and I are on deck. I signal to them to follow me and I make my way towards the front of the deck. Two of my knives are in my hands. Neteyam and Neytiri have their bows. Together, the three of us are a very deadly group. I just hope we're deadly enough to safely get every one out of here.

We make it just behind the front deck without seeing everyone. Now I realize why. The front deck is lined with humans and Avatars, all of them armed to the teeth. And not one of them is facing us. 

I find Lo'ak in the crowd. His arms and legs are cuffed and he's on the floor. He's also surrounded by people.

"I have an idea to get to Lo'ak," Neteyam whispers to me. "I have a grenade, I'll throw it over there and they'll go to inspect it. Then we can get Lo'ak."

I nod. We have to be as silent as possible until he can throw the grenade.

Neteyam pulls the pin and throws it as far as possible. It works, and a massive boom shakes the whole ship. At least half of the guys go to inspect it, and suddenly, Lo'ak is more visible. I turn around to give instructions, but Neytiri and Neteyam are gone. I look to the left and Neytiri is there, getting ready to shoot. Neteyam is doing the same on the right. Then it dawns on me. They're being distractions so that I can get Lo'ak. I make eye contact with both of them and nod. The next second, two army guys are down  and the rest are trying to see who shot them. I make my move.

I sprint out from my hiding spot to Lo'ak, knives at the ready. I crouch down beside him and start cutting off his cuffs.

"Atala, I'm so sorry for what I-"

"Not right now," I say, cutting him off. "You have to be silent." I don't look at him as I work. But when I finally get the cuffs off, I make myself look at him. He looks awful, which is fair enough. He thought his girlfriend was cheating on him, then got broken up with, then got captured by Pandora's biggest threat, got a death threat, a gun to his head and was held hostage, all in the past 24 hours. He's bound to look a little rough. 

I grab his wrist and we're moving again, flying through the ship. The majority of the crew is back and we're being shot at. My heart hammers in my chest as I push myself faster. I whistle as I run, signalling to the rest of our team that I'm approaching our escape. 

"Hey! Stop right there!" One of the Avatars shouts at us. He and two others start shooting at us and we drop behind a storage container. I glance at Lo'ak to see that he has no weapons on him. I sigh and force the two knifes into his hands. 

"We're getting out of this," I say to him with as much cold determinations as I can muster. "No casualties."

"No casualties." Lo'ak echos.

I take my bow and load it with an arrow. I pull it back and jump out from behind the container and shoot an Avatar. He stumbles and crumples to the ground. Before they can start shooting at me, two more Avatars are down. I pull my arrows from their bodies and signal to Lo'ak to move on. 

I hold my loaded bow in one hand, with a poisoned knife in the other. Six humans spring out from behind a wall and start shooting at us. I pick up one of them and shoot him through the chest, the arrow bringing down another one. Two birds with one stone. 

Lo'ak has taken down two with my knives. I do the same. In a moment, we're retrieving our weapons before moving on. 

Suddenly, the ship lurches forward. I look up and theres a torrent of fire coming from one of the massive propellors. There's an awful screech of metal against rock. This means that Neteyam planted our bomb correctly.

"Lo'ak keep moving!" I shout. And we do. We stalk through the ship, taking out guys, retrieving weapons, taking out more. It's a wake of death in our path, and I feel no remorse. 

The back deck is in view. I smile. We're practically out.

The reverberating sound of bullets come from behind us. I dive behind a container and load my bow. I hand Lo'ak a third knife. We don't know how many guys we're up against, but I want to be prepared. I take my spear out of it's sheath, ready for me to impale anyone. 

I silently move to the shipping container to the left of the guys with the guns. I take aim and release my arrow, bringing down a guy. Their heads whirl in my direction, but I've already moved to a spot behind them, out of sight.

I repeat this move until a quarter of the guys have been taken out. In this time, Lo'ak has managed to take down three with the knives I gave him. 

"C'mon kids, you can't do this forever," The last Avatars says, his gun at the ready. "You know that we're going to win."

I come up behind him, my knife in my hand. I take his throat in my arm, my knife to his neck. "I wouldn't be so sure about that." I say softly, a smile on my lips. 

Lo'ak comes out of his spot and take his time retrieving the knives. I can feel this guys terror, and it brings me great joy. 

"Lo'ak, are you going to end this Avatar's life, or will I?" I say, smiling at the tension in the Avatar's body.

"You can do the honour." He says, a little uncomfortably.

I press my knife harder and the guy drops, blood gushing out of his neck.

"Let's get out of here."I say. I look up at Lo'ak. He looks terrifying. His arms and feet are red with blood and all three of the knives he's carrying are also covered in gore. I can only imagine how frightening I look.

We start walking and we're already on the back deck. I keep my bow loaded, still wary of our surroundings. I open my mouth to call for the Ilu when I hear a loud bang - a gun shot. I spin, take aim with my arrow and watch as it finds it's mark in the human's chest. He falls to his knees. In the next moment, I feel more blood dripping down my body, and a horrible pressure in my back and chest. I look down and there's blood. A lot of it.

Shit. I've been shot.