Chapter 22

Yongsun's POV

Here I am again at the practice room, tired from practicing for hours. I am the only trainee right now since everyone else is eating lunch; I am on a diet, so I chose not to join them. I took a little break and am now playing with Yongki, whom I brought with me since I don't want her to be alone at home. It's obvious that byul find out from wheein that I love dogs, that's why she came up with the idea of gifting me a puppy as a way of reconciling with me, which works since I do have a soft spot with dogs. I appreciate Byul doing things for me, especially when she tells Krystal to avoid me. She uttered a lot of hurtful things to me and threatened to dismiss me from the company. But what really got to me was when she revealed that Byulyi and her are already engaged, but Byulyi denies it. I like Byul, but I cannot afford to get terminated from the company. I'm trying to ignore my feelings for her, but yesterday just made me fall further in love with her; the way she treated and talked to me yesterday was not like the byulyi I first met.

I returned to practicing, but Byulyi arrived in the room with foods. I just remembered she is now working here at the company. I turn off the music "Oh Byulah"

"I didn't see you at the cafeteria, but the other trainees mentioned you were on a diet, so I brought you some healthy foods" she said as she approached me and handed me a kale smootie and some fruits. "It is not proper to starve yourself for an entire day while practicing"

"I'm too concentrated on training and dieting, thank you byulyiah" I said as I sat down and began eating the foods she had brought.

"I also haven't eaten yet" she said as she sat alongside me, opening her mouth and requesting me to feed her. I simply do what she wants because she is too adorable to resist.  

"Did you bring Yongki?" Yongki approached Byul and asked to be petted, and Byul smiled as she did. She is aware of her other owner.

"Yongki will be sad while she is alone, and the surroundings is also unsuitable for her" I consume the drink she purchased in one go, and I'm still thirsty. I pout, and it seemed that she noticed because she instantly hands me her own drink.

"That's what you get for working too hard and starving yourself" She stands up and takes up the microphone I'm holding. "Seulgi wants to speak with you later; she'll be here later"

"Why?" I asked, as to why seulgi would suddenly want to talk to me.

"I'm not sure," she says, offering her hand and requesting me to stand. I gratefully accepted it and placed myself next her. "If you want to practice having a steady voice, try this" She began hopping before beginning to sing.

nae maeumeul mireonae
eojewaneun dareun iyuga
nado moreuge jukgo inna bwa
ne maeumi piryohae
haru mae sungan ne momeul ango isseodo
nega sarajil geot gata

-Lyrics from Absence 

She sang one of her well-known songs. I'm not sure why I'm panicking and nervously watching her. Is it because there's a chance someone may walk into this room and recognize her voice, or is it simply me falling in love with her?

As I understood what she was doing was risky for her, I promptly stopped her. "I got it, I got it, but you shouldn't do it here because people would quickly recognize you"

As I pulled the microphone away from her, she pouted.

Such a cutie hamster

"I just want to help you" 

"I know, but not here byulah"

"All right, I'll invite you to my office next time; I have my own recording studio there" she winks at me as she walks through the door. "I'll see you later, yongsunah"