Chapter 36

I'm currently at my shop, arranging the flowers that were delivered earlier. My son is with me, busy drawing at the table nearby.I smiled fondly as I glanced at his hands, noticing how they mirrored each other perfectly. He had inherited his father's congenital mirror hand syndrome, a trait that reminded me of the woman he never knew. 

"I didn't know you were the owner of this shop," I heard the least person I wanted to see today remark, sending a jolt of surprise through me as I watched her scan through my shop.

I consciously looked at my son and swiftly closed the door to my office, ensuring our privacy. "What the hell are you doing here?!" I demanded, my voice tinged with a mixture of surprise and anger at the unexpected intrusion.

"Just buying a bouquet, you don't need to shout. I am a customer," she replied casually, plucking a tulip from the display. Her nonchalant demeanor only served to frustrate me further, and memories of the bouquet she had first given me flooded my mind, stirring up a whirlwind of emotions.

"I refuse to treat you as a customer. Please leave," I remarked firmly, my tone leaving no room for negotiation.

"So, you left the company and lived with Eric?" She said, her words digging deep into my frustrations. It was infuriating how she spoke as if she knew everything that had happened in my life after she left.

"Leave. Why do you even care, and what do you even know?" I remarked, my frustration boiling over as I turned away from her and began to walk away.

"Sky... is he Eric's? He's turning four, and it's going to be four years since I left."

I felt the urge to lash out and tell her everything, to make her feel the pain and betrayal she had caused. But the fear of losing Sky held me back. I couldn't risk her taking him away from me, and I didn't want my son to ever know the kind of father he had. So, instead, I remained silent, my heart heavy with the weight of the truth left unspoken.

 "Yes, you're right. Sky is Eric's son. What do you think of me? Did you expect my world to come crashing down because you left? No way. So stop bothering us. You can take any flowers you want and leave my shop. Your wife might suddenly realize you're here. And please, don't you ever come near us," I said, my voice laced with a mix of defiance and frustration, determined to protect my son and our newfound peace from any further disruption.

I walked into my office and locked the door behind me, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. My son looked up at me and smiled, his expression reminding me all too much of Byul. It was frustrating, yet bittersweet, to see her features reflected in him. I kissed his forehead lovingly and glanced at his drawing. "What are you drawing?" I asked, trying to push aside the lingering tension from the encounter outside.

"It's me, you, and Miss Moon," he blurted out, his words catching me off guard. Confusion welled up inside me as I tried to process what he was saying. "She said I look exactly like her when she was a kid, so I am considering her as my Dada," he explained innocently, his words sending a jolt of shock through me.

"Why would you consider a stranger as your dada? We don't even know her," I replied, trying to hide the turmoil of emotions churning within me.

"That's why, Mom, you have to find my dada. Well, Miss Moon is perfect to be my dada," he insisted, his innocent words pulling at my heartstrings. I felt torn between wanting to protect him from the truth and his desire to have a father figure in his life.

"Is Mommy not enough for Sky?" I asked, cupping his face gently and pouting playfully. My heart ached at the thought that he might feel incomplete without a father figure, but I also wanted him to know how much he meant to me.