Chapter 35

Since those unforgettable days and that memorable night, Byul hasn't returned home. It's been three days, and I find myself anxiously awaiting her arrival. The uncertainty is gnawing at me, leading my mind down various paths. Despite my repeated calls, her phone remains unreachable. Krystal's words from that fateful night echo in my thoughts. With none of our friends aware of her whereabouts, I contemplate reaching out to her father, yet he's also not around in the company. I also searched for Mr. Lim, but my manager informed me that he had already resigned.

"She's always like this whenever YooA's death anniversary is approaching, but it's still early for that," she said, her own worry evident. "I haven't been able to reach Uncle, but I'll attempt to ask my dad," she added, grasping my hand in an effort to offer comfort.

"Yongsunah, don't worry, I'll find that jerk and  beat her up for you" Hani said.

"She's not the type to ghost someone, especially you. She's deeply in love with you," Seulgi reassured with conviction.

"I'll ask Krystal," Irene unnie said, a statement that immediately sent nerves coursing through me, intensifying my anxiety.

"How would she even know? Byul is obviously ignoring her," Seulgi countered, a sentiment that resonated deeply with my own hopes.

"We can't be sure about that," Hyejin interjected, injecting a note of uncertainty into the conversation.

"Krystal? The one who was linked with Byul?" My sister asked, her confusion evident.

"Yes, unnie. She's been head over heels for Byul since we were kids. She even wished to her grandfather that she wants to marry Byul. So Byul's mom has been pushing them together their entire lives," Hani explained, shedding light on the long-standing connection between Krystal and Byul.

"Byul will never do that. She loves me and promised she'd come back. I... I'll wait for her," I said, my voice tinged with sadness at the unsettling revelations.

---

Days have turned into weeks, and weeks have turned into months. It's been almost two months, and still, Byul hasn't returned. A sense of hopelessness and sadness has enveloped me, making it difficult to focus on my training. I've been reprimanded repeatedly because my debut is just three months away.

I'm currently having breakfast with my sister, Yonghee. "Unnie, what are you cooking? It smells so bad," I exclaimed, my stomach churning at the scent.

"What? It's just Galbi Jjim" 

I held my nose, trying to avoid the smell. "Unnie, it smells so bad!" I exclaimed again, feeling my stomach churn even more. Unable to bear it any longer, I rushed to the bathroom and vomited as the smell overwhelmed me.

"What the? You like this dish," unnie exclaimed, handing me a glass of water as I composed myself.

"Did you put something in there? It really smells so bad," I questioned, feeling increasingly dizzy as I attempted to sit down.

"Yongsunah!" That's the last thing I heard before my vision faded to black.

--

As I regained consciousness, I saw my sister and my friends gathered around me.

"Why am I at the hospital?" I questioned as I recognized my surroundings.

Wheein held my hand tightly. "Unnie," she said softly.