Chapter 18

"I promise to love you forever... every single day of forever." - anonymous

"Charles, when will I get to take this bloody blindfold off," Diana exclaims restlessly.

"Just be patient darling. We are almost there," Charles replies patting her hand, "besides you only had it on for twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes too long," Diana giggles.

Charles smiles and shakes his head.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are preparing to land please take your seats and fasten your seatbelts," the pilot announces over the loudspeaker.

"See, my love we're almost there."

The plane has a smooth descent and landing. When it's time to exit the plane, Charles guides Diana off the plane to the waiting car, which will take them to their destination.

After the short ride, they arrive outside the house they stayed at when they vacationed in Nassau back in nineteen eighty-two.

"We're here," Charles says just as the door to the car opens.

Once they both are out of the car, Charles removes the blindfold. Diana looks around and is slightly confused as to where they are.

"Charles, where are we?" Diana asks.

"I'm shocked Diana, you don't remember staying here?"

Diana thinks for a moment, "no I don't think so."

"This is the house we stayed at when we had our holiday here when you were pregnant with William."

"Oh, it looks a little different since the last time we stayed here," Diana replies.

"The owner did advise they had made some upgrades since the last time we stayed," Charles replies guiding Diana into the house.

Considering it was still early in the day, Diana decided to go for a swim. Charles is sitting at the kitchen island when Diana enters. He smiles when he gets an eye full of Diana in her orange bikini and matching sarong.

"Darling, you look delicious," he says admiringly.

"Thank you," Diana replies blushing, "I wish you would join me."

"I would love to darling, but there are a few things that I need to take care of before I can fully enjoy our time together."

"Alright, but tomorrow you're all mine," she replies kissing him.

"Yes, ma'am," Charles smiles.

Diana rolls her eyes and giggles before going off to the pool.

Charles waits by the front door for Diana to finish getting dressed.

"Diana, darling I don't want us to miss our reservation," Charles calls out.

"I'm coming sweetheart," Diana says as she emerges from their bedroom.

He smiles when she emerges in a navy blue dress, she looks breathtakingly beautiful.

"Wow," is all he can say.

"Was it worth the wait your highness," Diana inquiries with a curtsy.

"Yes, it was."

He guides Diana out to the waiting car that whisks them away to their destination.

"So where are we having dinner?" Diana asks.

"Somewhere secluded and romantic," Charles replies.

"Sounds perfect."

They arrive at the dock where a boat is waiting. The car comes to a complete stop and the chauffeur gets out to open the door.