Chapter 21

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person," - Mignon Mclaughlin

Diana awakens to the sounds of birds chirping outside her window. She stretches and she realizes that she is in bed alone. Last night Charles stayed at Buckingham Palace since it's considered bad luck to see your bride before you get married.

Since he has moved back in, she has gotten used to him holding her every night. She is used to waking up to feel his warm breath on her neck and his arm wrapped protectively wrapped around her.

After today she wouldn't have to worry about him not coming to bed, as today is their wedding day. They will be tied together again for the rest of their lives.

Diana gets out of bed and goes to the bathroom to begin getting ready for the day. In a little while Sam and the makeup artist will be there to help get her ready as well as Catherine bringing her gown.

Meanwhile, Charles is looking out the window at the thousands of people waiting to see him and Diana get married for the second time. He was taken back to that day in July when the streets were lined with people excited to see their beloved Prince marry his young shy bride.

Now he's older and so is his shy bride. This time it feels right, he isn't having second thoughts.

A knock sounds at the door just as Diana exits her bathroom from taking her shower. Just as she fastens her robe Sam walks in.

"Good morning Diana," he greets her with their customary kiss on each cheek.

"Good morning Sam," Diana replies.

In a matter of hours, Diana was transformed into a vision in white. Her long blonde locks are pulled back and into a chignon with a flower and the finishing touch is the Spencer family tiara. Catherine arrived just as her makeup was finished being applied. Then she stepped into her white custom gown, with chiffon sleeves and across her cleavage with lace flower designs. Little pearls are embroidered into the main part of the gown that transforms into a long train. However, this train is not as long as her first one.

Catherine brings the veil down over Diana's face.

"Diana you look beautiful," Catherine says with tears in her eyes.

"Thank you, Catherine. I love my gown it's beautiful," Diana says smiling through her veil.

After making sure of the final touches, Diana makes her way downstairs to the waiting carriage to take her to Westminster Abbey.

William and Harry who are waiting at the bottom of the stairs are in awe when they see their mother descend the stairs.

"Mum you look beautiful," William says to his mother.

"You look like an angel," Harry replies.

"Thank you, boys," she replies kissing her sons, "let's get to the church."

Charles arrives at the Abbey with Andrew and Edward as his best men again.

"How are you feeling? You look more relaxed than before."

"I am, this time I don't have any second thoughts. I know how much I love Diana and we're happy," Charles replies handing his hat and sword to an attendant.

The three brothers make their way down the aisle to the front where they will wait for Diana's arrival which will be soon.

Diana arrives at the Abbey after a short ride from Kensington Palace. When she emerges from the carriage the thunderous sound of applause and screams fills the air and inside the Abbey.