Chapter 28

" You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself. "
- Evel Knievel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pull into the school parking lot and internally groan. My dad told me the second day I got home when I was just lounging around on the couch watching Tv, that I would have to start school the next day. So now I'm sitting here in my car, mentally preparing myself to get out the car. I hear a loud knock on my car window that makes me jump and I turn to see Avery telling me to get out of the car. I open the door grabbing my bag before sending her a glare.
" What? " she asks as she fixes her hair in the reflection of the window.
"Thanks for the almost heart attack. Next time try harder that way I don't have to go to school. " I say and she rolls her eyes at me.

We make our way inside the school and I decide to dig out my class schedule my dad gave me yesterday, out of my bag. When I grab it I pull it out with a triumphant smile on my face but it doesn't last long when I bump into somebody.
" Fuck, ow, watch where you're going asshole. " I say as I rub my forehead.
" What did you just say? " I hear the guy ask as I look up getting déjà u from when I saw Axel at school the first time. When I see his face he looks familiar but I can't pin point it.
" I said watch where you're going asshole or do you need a fucking hearing aid? " I say to him with an angry look on my face. He looks down at me due to the height difference and gives me a smirk.
"What's your name dollface? " he asks and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.
" Ember ." I say crossing my arms while I eye him up and down.
" Ace " he says holding out his hand which I slowly take. " I'll see you around Ember. " he says with a smirk and leaves me there standing confused. I turn to Avery who's just staring at me with wide eyes and opened mouth.
" What? " I ask as I start to make my way through the crowd, Avery catching up a few seconds later recovering from her shocked state.
" You just had a conversation with the Ace Kingston " she says.
" Who? That asshole back there? " I ask looking at my schedule trying to find my first period.
" That asshole is Gisele Kingston's son." she says waving her arms around.
" I repeat who? " I say stoping outside my class.
" You know famous supermodel retired but not really because now she runs her own modeling business and hires her own models or girls she finds walking around along with already famous models! " she says out of breathe.
" Wait is that the guy that had paps and girls following him around when we went to the mall ? " I ask and she just nods her head.
"Why didn't you freak out then? " I ask her.
" I was too tired to care but now I do especially when my best friend had a conversation with him when he practically shuts down every girl that tries to talk him especially me. "She says waving her arms around.
" Avery chill you're starting to move your hands and getting that crazed look in your eyes. " I tell her with a small chuckle.
" Whatever " she says as she starts to make her way down the hall.
" Bye! " I shout to her a smile forming on my lips as she just waves her hand over her head.

My first few classes went by quickly. Mostly me introducing myself to the teachers and correcting them on not to say December, then me just sitting in the back not really paying attention. The bell rings and I gather my things and start to make my way to my fifth period which is art. As I make my way down the hall I notice a lot of girls staring at me, most of them with angry looks, as they whisper amongst themselves pretty sure because I talked to Ace or I guess to them, ' the Ace Kingston. ' I roll my eyes as I continue to make way down the hall. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I pull it out answering not even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello? " I say into the phone.
" God I miss your voice. " I hear Styles say. I check my phone just to make sure and it is Styles calling me.
" I miss you too " I say with a chuckle.
" God I miss your chuckles. "
" Styles stop "
" God I miss when you would tell me to stop. "
" Oh my god "
" God I miss-"
"Seriously stop! " I say running my hand through my hair. I hear him chuckle through the phone which puts a smile on my face.
" What are doing babe? There's so much noise in the background. "
" School. "
" Already? You just got back. "
" Yup. "
"Well I guess I should let you get back to school, just wanted to hear your voice. " he says.
" Styles I miss you and love you " I say into the phone.
"Not as much as I miss and love you " he says.
"We are not about to do that cliche couple thing where we try to out love each other. " I say rolling my eyes.
"The fact that I know that you just rolled your eyes at me a sea away makes me happy. " Styles says.
" I did just roll my eyes at you a sea away. " I say letting out a laugh as the bell rings signaling that I'm late.
" Crap I'm late to class. " I say starting to speed walk down the hall.
" Get to class young lady ." I hear Styles say.
" Trying to. "
" I love you. " I say after we don't say anything for awhile.
" And I love you. " I hear him say. We say goodbye and I hang up my phone and walk to class, everybody's eyes now on me.
"You must be December Young. " I hear the teacher say.
" Ember. " I say correcting her.
" Well Ember take a seat. " she says with a smile motioning towards the desks. I scan the room and see that the desks are in pairs of two and only one is available. I make way towards it sitting down and throwing my bag over the desk.
" December Young huh? " I hear the guy next to me say. I turn to look at him and see that it's Ace.
" I prefer Ember. " I say facing the front.
" Nah I think a lot of people already call you that I think I'll call you... Young. "
" What ever you say Kingston. " I say emphasizing his last name.
" I never told you my last name. " he says questioningly.
" Well kinda hard not to hear when the female population of the school talk about how I talked to the Ace Kingston. " I say rolling my eyes.
" What else did you hear? "
"You're what's her names, famous supermodels son. " I say in a bored tone.
" You honestly don't care that my mom is Gisele Kingston. "
" I could care less "
"You're a first. "
"Yippie " I say sarcastically.
" I like you Young you're not like most girls. "
" Feeling not mutual. "
" Aww come on I'm likable. "
" Not if you keep talking. " I say.
"Well someone's feisty." He says.
" And someone's still talking." I retort back with a smile.
"Ember darling wouldn't want to get a detention on your first day back now would we?" The teacher says to me. I raise my eyebrow and smile. "No I wouldn't. "
"Well then you and your friend need to stop talking."
"Trust me nothing else will be said." I say turning towards him. "Cool were friends." He says nudging my arm. "We are not friends." I say a little to loud. "You two detention after school. Keep it up and you'll find yourself in the office."
Great detention in the first day back I hear him laugh next to me and I just roll my eyes. He stays quiet the rest of class and so do I. As soon as the bell rings to release us to lunch I get out of my seat and grab my stuff and getting out of the classroom as fast as I can. Avery texts me and tells me to meet her at our usual table. I get there and see her sitting down just as I get there. "What's wrong with you miss grouchy pants?" She asks twirling her fork in her pasta. "That stupid Ace kid is the problem he got me detention cause he couldn't shut his big mouth."
"That's not the only thing that's big." I hear his voice say interrupting my sentence causing Avery to choke on her food as he sits down next to me. "You know the only thing I can think of is your ego." I say turning towards him. "Maybe." He says taking out his lunch. "Why are you sitting here I mean don't you have friends." Avery blurts immediately covering her mouth afterwards. I laugh almost choking on my yogurt. I look at him and he's a little thrown off. "Yeah you two well at least Young here is the teacher said so." He says with his mouth half full. "What are we in third grade." I ask. He looks at me and shakes his head wanting to talk but can't with a mouth full of food. "Oh yeah I have detention too." Avery says a little embarrassed. "What? Why?" I ask confused. "Someone important called and I kinda answered during class." She says with her cheeks blushing. "Crash called. Didn't he?" I ask with a grin on my face. "Maybe?" She says shrugging her shoulders. "Who names their kid Crash?" Ace rudely interrupts. "Who names their kid Ace?" I retort back. "Touché." He says getting up. Just as the bell rings. "See you dolls later." He says giving us a smirk. We both roll our eyes and get up walking to our next class together.