Chapter 37

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit in the uncomfortable chair looking at the stage trying not to fall asleep waiting for my name to be called. I look over to the crowd of parents and find my Dad trying to calm Axel, Hunter, and Crash who seem to be flicking each other on the face. He runs a hand through his hair giving up as they start to hit each other instead. A small chuckle escapes my lips and the people sitting around me give me a weird look. After what seems an eternity my name is being called and I'm walking across the stage hearing my dad and the guys cheering loudly. I walk back to my seat as the last few names are called. The principal goes up to the podium and taps the microphone.
" Parents, family, friends I present to you Class of 2015! " She says and the place is surrounded with the sound of people clapping and cheers as we throw our caps into the air. I quickly catch mind and make my way over to Ace who is picking up his cap from the ground. I jump on to his back and we nearly topple over but he catches himself.
" Dammit Young what have you been eating? " Ace says as he lifts me up a bit higher placing his hands on my thighs and I loosely wrap my arms around his neck.
" Shut up I'm not that fat. " I say with a pout and he lets out a chuckle.
" Where's Avery? " Ace asks as we make our way outside, me still on his back.
" Over there. " I say as I point to where she's standing with her mom, my dad, the guys, and Aces mom.
" Onward my trusty stead! " I say as I pat his chest.
" Okay off. " Ace says letting go of my thighs.
" Nooo. " I say tightening my grip on him and laying my head on his shoulder. He lets out a sigh and places his hands back on my thighs. A smile forms on my lips as we make our way over to them.
Avery rushes over to us overly excited.
" Can you believe it guys we graduated! " She say jumping up and down.
" Aves your excitement can't just be about graduating. " I say giving her a small smirk. 
" True, my mom got me One Direction tickets to their concert next week and I want you to come with me. " She says nervously looking into my eyes for my reaction. Before I can answer Aces mom walks over to us.
" Sweethearts there is paparazzi hiding out over there so unless you want rumors being spread about you two I suggest this piggy back ride end. " she says with a small chuckle. " Oh and congratulations. " she adds. I slide off Aces back and stand beside him but I'm soon embraced by the guys.
" Congratulations! " they shout.
" Guys I can't breathe. " I say wiggling in their embrace trying to break free of their tight grip on me. They let go and before I can get some air into my lungs my dad hugs me.
" Can't believe you're finally growing up. " he says with a sniffle.
" Don't tell me you're crying because then I'll start crying. " I say as my voice cracks. He just lets out a chuckle as he rubs my back and lets go of me wiping a few stray tears away as I do the same.
" So can we go eat now? " Hunter asks looking at all of us. Axel and Crash hit him upside the head and he just frowns.
" Let's eat, yeah? " I say and everyone nods going off to their cars.
" Um dad in going to make a quick stop before the restaurant. Ask Axel if you can catch a ride with them? " I say to him. He gives me a weird look before nodding his head. I walk to my car and pull out of the parking lot and into the street.

I pull into the cemetery and park my car, taking a deep breath. I walk through all the headstones stopping at one.
" Hey Katie. " I start as I play with my graduation cap. " Graduation was today. You should have been there, you should be here. " I say pulling the tassel off my cap. " I miss you and love you. " I finish placing the tassel on the headstone. I stand up and look down at the headstone. " It still hurts. " I whisper before walking away and going to the restaurant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter opps but not really its just a filler for what's yet to come. Hope yall are enjoying so far.