Chapter 35

How odd is it to be haunted by someone who's still alive
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk into the living room and plop onto the couch as Avery does the the same next to me and Ace on the one seater, letting out a groan at the same time.
" Who the fuck decided that there had to be graduation practices, like what's so hard about walking across a stage when your name is called and grabbing a diploma. " I say sitting up on the couch.
" It's to make things orderly as possible " Ace answers mockingly like one of the teachers at practice and Avery and I let out a small laugh at his impersonation. We hear Avery let a squeal beside us and we look at each other trying to figure out what's going on with her.
" Let's go outside! " Avery says getting up from the couch.
" Avery you live to stay indoors, why the hell do you wanna go outside? " I ask her teasingly but she just grabs my hand and pulls me up from the couch. I follow lazily behind her as she opens the front door and walks out. I look over to Ace and he just gives me a shrug before getting up and walking over to the door.
" Seriously Aves why- " I start but stop when I see Avery running across the lawn and hugging Crash.
If Crash is here then- I see Axel laughing at how red Crash is getting and Hunter teasing him.
" Who's th- " I hear Ace start to ask something but don't pay attention because I'm running across the lawn to hug Axel.
He lets out a small grunt at the impact from me running to him but soon embraces me also.
" Oh my god I didn't know I missed you guys so much till now " I say pulling slightly away from Axel and look at him. " Gosh your hair is long, why is it so long? " I ask tugging at the end of a hair strand and Axel just lets out a chuckle.
" Hey why don't I get a hug? " I hear Hunter say and Avery and I rush over to him and hug him at the same time.
" Now that's more like it. " Hunter says and we all let out a laugh.
" What are you guys doing here? " I ask looking to Axel.
" I'll explain inside " he says with a small chuckle. I nod and we walk inside to find a very confused Ace standing by the door.
" Oh Ace these are some friends I made back on the exchange program, Axel, Crash, and Hunter. " I say pointing to each of them. " Guys this is Ace. " they exchange hellos and we all walk to the living room taking a seat where ever we can find one.
" Answer my question! " I semi yell to Axel who just shakes his head and let's out a small chuckle.
" We said we'd visit so we are here visiting! " Axel says with a huge grin on his face.
" Mhmm I'm pretty sure Avery told you guys we are graduating soon so you guys came for that. " I say with a chuckle.
" That too. " Axel says with a small laugh.
" Anyways anybody hungry? " I ask.
" Starving! " Hunter replies while rubbing his stomach.
" Like always. " Axel, Crash, and I say at the same time. Letting out a small chuckle I get up and walk to kitchen to make some sandwiches. As I open the fridge someone knocks on the door.
" Can someone get that? " I ask as I get out the ingredients I need.
" I'll get it. " I hear Axel yell back.

*Axels pov*

I get up from the couch and make my way towards the front door. When I open it I freeze as I stare at the lady fixing the shirt on the little girl beside her.
" Oh Ember sweetie Avery isn't answering my calls and I really need you to watch Nova for a little bit I won't b- " she starts but I interrupt her.
" Mum? " I ask this woman in front of me. She freezes and looks up at me as she stands up. We stare at each other taking in our appearances.
" Axel who's at the door. " I hear Ember say and then her footsteps walking over but they stop a few feet behind me.
" Ember I want my sandwich. " Hunter complains and that's when this lady looks away from me.
" Is that Hunter? " she asks taking a step closer to look at him.
" Don't " I say blocking her way but I'm soon shoved over by Hunter as he runs up and hugs her.
" Mum! " he shouts and she slowly wraps her arms around him tears forming in her eyes. Anger courses through me and I pull Hunter away from her.
" This isn't our Mum  Hunt. Our mom was a drunk and a druggie who left us when we were little. " I say bitterly as I push Hunter behind me and stare at the woman who looks at me with hurt in her eyes.
" Axel I didn't - " she starts but I cut her off.
" Didn't mean to what huh leave us behind while you ran off and what got better and got a better life like we weren't good enough for you so you just left us! " I shout at her and she flinches at the volume of my voice. I try and take a few steps inside trying to calm my breathing.