Chapter 47

" This is to new beginnings "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Embers POV*

I walk into the kitchen, finding Harry whistling a tune as he makes pancakes.
" Don't burn mine Styles " I say teasingly from behind him and stops whistling turning around suddenly wide eyed.

" Don't do that. " he says trying to steady his breathing. " And you shouldn't be out of bed. " he states sternly putting his hands on his hips.

" I had to pee. " I state taking a grape from the fruit bowl and eating it.

" Well the doctor ordered bed rest so go back to bed. " he says shooing me back to our bedroom.
I roll my eyes at him as I let out a huff. Turning around I start to make my way back to our bedroom when I get a cramp across my stomach.
"Holy fuck." I whisper I walk into the closet and grab the bag that's been ready since I've moved in. "Fuck Harry." I yell walking back to the bedroom. I get to the bed and place my hands on the edge when I feel my water break. "Harry." I yell again. "Fuck Harry get in here now." I say gripping the sheets. I hear footsteps rushing into the bedroom. "Baby what's go-oh shit we have to go." Harry says pacing back and forth a little. "Harry get your shoes on get the keys and the bag and help me get in the car." I say gritting my teeth. I try all those stupid breathing techniques that they taught me to ease the pain but it's not helping. Harry rushes around for a bit getting everything we need before he wraps an arm around my waist.
" Come on let's get to the car. " he says as he helps me walk out the door.
" Just a few more steps " he whispers more to himself than to me. He helps me get into the car before rushing over to the drivers side and throwing the bag into the back seat. He starts the car before pulling out into the main street and driving to the hospital.
" Oh my god, Harry! " I semi yell clutching my stomach as another contraction goes through.
" We're almost there. " he says calmly and takes my hand in his as he turns into the hospitals street. I grip his hand tightly as I squeeze my eyes shut trying to think of something else other than the pain.
Before I know it, Harry's parked and is at my side trying to help me out the car.
We make it inside the hospital as I start to get another contraction.
" Someone get my girl a damn wheelchair! " Harry shouts before a nurse rushes over to us and helps me sit down in a wheel chair. I'm taking deep breaths as they roll me into a room and move into a bed.
" The doctor will be in shortly. " the nurse says kindly before rushing out. Harry starts to pace the room mumbling to himself as I just watch him.
" Harry... " I call to him but he doesn't pay attention.
" Babe " I try again and this time he turns to look at me. " Can you like calm down. " I say to him and he just shakes his head.
" How can I calm down like you're about to give birth to our child. Our child. Oh my god I'm gonna be a father... " he says trailing off and starting to breathe heavily.
" You're not the one actually going into labor. " I state with an eye roll and that's when it hits me.
" Harry oh my god I'm not ready I don't know how to be a mother. How am I supposed to take care of our child?! Harry I'm scared out of my mind " I state starting to hyperventilate. He rushes over to me taking my hand in his and pushing my hair out of my face.
" It's okay we're gonna be okay just breathe with me. " he says making and emphasis on his breathing. I stare at him trying to match our breaths worry clear in my face but he just gives me a smile before kissing my nose. I give him a small smile as the doctor walks in with two nurses.
" Who's ready to have a baby? " he asks cheeringly and I just laugh anxiously. They start to prep everything and put my legs up and before I know it the doctor is saying " 1 2 3 push! "
" Ahh fuck! " I say as I try to push.
" 123 push! "
" fuck! Harry! " I grip his hand tighter as the other one grips the sheets.
" 123 push! "
" ow babe my hand. " Harry sorta whimpers trying to slip it out of my grip.
" Fuck your hand Harry! This much worse! " I spit turning to him.
" 123 push! "
I let out a scream trying to think of something else other than the pain.
" I can see the head! " the doctor says. " just one more push! "
I push one more last time as I grip Harry's hand tightly.

A cry breaks the room and I rest my head onto the pillow. "Baby she's so beautiful." He says with tears in his eyes. " She's a bloody mess but she's beautiful " he says jokingly and I want to slap his arm but I just don't have the energy to. All I can do is smile at him and he looks at me with a smile also.
" Here you want to hold her? " I hear the nurse ask and I nod my head reaching over to take her.
I hold her close to me, her cries stopping after a few seconds. Harry uses a finger to caress her cheek and she leans into it almost instinctively.
" What would you like to name her? " the nurse asks walking over to us with a clipboard.
" Oh we haven't really thought- " I start but Harry interrupts me.
" Katie, Katie Styles " he says.
I look up to him then down at her, our baby.
" Yeah Katie Styles " I say before placing a small kiss to her forehead.

*2 days later*

" Oh my god Harry! Be careful! Give me something to carry just don't drop her! " I practically shout as I watch Harry trying to carry the diaper bag and the car seat with Katie in it as he tries to pull out the car keys.

" it's okay I got it. " he says with a chuckle pulling out the keys and unlocking the doors as I shake my head at him. He puts the bag in the car before placing Katie into the car. I see the reflection of a light flashing on the window and both Harry and I turn around immediately. We see paps standing a few feet away taking as many pictures as they can.
" Get in. " he says stepping away and letting me get in the back. I quickly slip into backseat beside Katie and Harry shuts door after me before going to the drivers seat. He pulls away from the hospital quickly and driving home.
" I wish she didn't have to grow up like this. " I state grabbing her hand and hers fingers wrap around one of mine.
" What do you mean? " Harry asks looking at me through the review mirror.
" Just the media will always be there right behind us. " I say and Harry lets out a sigh.
" You don't know how many times I wish to escape but we'll get through this. " he says pulling into the driveway. I look down at Katie running a finger across her forehead.
" I can take her in, just grab the diaper bag. " he says once he's beside me. I pull my finger from Katie's grip before grabbing the bag and turning to Harry. He gives me a smile before placing a quick kiss to my lips.
" I love you. " he whispers and I smile at him.
" I'm sorry Harry but I love someone just a little bit more than you. " I say and he gives me a confused look.
" I love Katie a little bit more than you. " I say with a giggle and he shakes his head at me.
" Oh good it's not just me feeling that way. " he says and I push his shoulder lightly as I let out a chuckle.
" Come on get inside I'll get Katie. " he states again and that's when I get out the car but not before he pinches my bum.
" Stop it " I say as I slap his hand and he just laughs at me before reaching to grab the car seat.

We make our way inside and I close the door as Harry places the car seat down and taking Katie out and carrying her.
" Welcome home. " he states as he walks around showing her every room and I take a seat on the couch happy to be home.
" December! " I hear Harry call out as a cry breaks out through the rooms. I let out a chuckle as he walks back to living room a crying Katie in his arms. He hands her to me and I immediately get ready to feed her.
Harry watches us before he kneels infront of me and pulls out a tiny box.

" Oh my god Styles you can not be doing this while I breast feed. " I say as I stare at him wide eyed.
" But I am, so December will you marry me? " he asks opening the box to reveal a ring. I just nod my head yes not being able to form words. He gives a dimpled smile as he takes the ring out and grabs my hand and slipping it on.
Katie detaches from me and I adjust my shirt before moving her so I can burp her.
" Oh let me do it. " Harry says reaching for her and placing her on his shoulder. I smile at the sight, happy to be with the people I love the most. My family.