Chapter 6

" Life's too short to drink crappy coffee and cry over boys who don't care. " - Matt Healy ( The 1975 )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk upstairs and slam my door shut. I can't believe I'm staying at Harry Styles house. I mean out of all people it had to be him. I start to pace my room back and forth. Maybe I can get new exchange parents or I could just go back home. This is all a big mistake. I finally sit down and text Avery.
E- Emergency! We need to talk now!
A- what's wrong? Is everything okay??
E- No, kinda, sorta. Skype?
A-yes.
I get my laptop from my desk and bring it to my bed. As soon as I turn it on Avery's already calling me.

" Ember you're freaking me out what's going on?? "
"If I tell you this you have to promise not to tell a living soul."
" Promise."
I get up from my bed and check the hallway to make sure he's not out there. I walk back to my bed and begin to rub my temples.
" Ember Young tell me. "
" Ugh fine... I'm living with the Harry Styles. "
" AHHHHHH I know isn't it exciting?!?! "
" What you knew all this time and you didn't tell me! You have got to be kidding me. "
" Yeah I knew, but in my defense your dad didn't let me tell you since you really don't like the band and he wanted you to like Anne. But I didn't know he was gonna be there since he's rich and can travel..."
" Avery shut up. " I can't believe this. I tug at my hair in frustration.
" It can't be that bad. He's a nice guy and ..." she starts but I cut her off.
" No stop Harry Styles is an asshole and a cocky jerky prick. "
Aver gasps with a shocked expression on her face. " Do not speak about one of my future husbands like that! "
I roll my eyes and chuckle at her. "You're crazy" I tell her.
" I know" she says with a giggle " look, I love you but it's really late here and I'm going to go to sleep. "
"Okay bye"
" I love you and everything is going to be okay" she says with a reassuring smile.
"I hope so... I love you too goodnight. "
I close my laptop and look at the clock on the night stand.

9:30 pm.

I should be getting to bed since I have to wake up early. I walk into the bathroom and change into my pjs which consist of spankies and and oversized t-shirt and I put my hair into a ponytail. I walk out into my room and look at my meds. I sigh and head downstairs for a glass of water to take them with.

When I get downstairs I see that Harry is in the living room watching tv. I roll my eyes and continue towards the kitchen. I open the cupboard and get a glass cup and fill it with water. I start to head out of the kitchen and towards the stairs. I'm almost to the stairs when I hear Harry say

"I'm not an asshole."

I turn around and find him looking at me from the couch. What? Omg he listened into my conversation with Avery!

"Well you are an eavesdropper."

I retort back as I turn around and walk up the stairs.

"I'm also an observer and you got yourself some sexy legs!" He shouts from the living room.

I stop in my tracks and look down and see that my t-shirt completely covers my shorts, which makes my bare legs stand out. I feel my face get red and just speed walk back to my bedroom and slam the door shut.

UGH! He makes me so angry!!

* Next Day *

I've been laying in bed for about an hour and a half now. Just staring at my ceiling fan. I couldn't go back to sleep after that dream. More like nightmare.

I turn towards my clock and it reads 8:23 am. Well might as well get up and get ready for work. I get out of bed and head towards the bathroom. I strip down and get in the shower. I quickly wash my body and and get out. I walk out into my bedroom and head towards the closet. I quickly change and go back to the bathroom. I brush my hair and teeth then put on some mascara and concealer.