Chapter 48

" Maybe love was meant to save us from ourselves " - r. m. Drake
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*6 years later*

I rush around the house trying to do last minute things before everybody arrives. I'm looking around the house making sure everything is in order when I feel arms wrap around me. A smile forms on my lips as I turn to face him. He leans in and kisses me and before anything gets to heated, a small body wedges between us.

" Stop being gross! " Katie exclaims as she tries to shove us apart. We look down at her, chuckling a bit at her attempts to push us. Harry picks her up and starts to kiss her face all over as she giggles. As she tries to stop Harry's attack of kisses the doorbell rings and I walk over to the front door. I open it and instantly Jake rushes in saying a quick hello before running into the living room certainly looking for Katie. 

" I swear that boy has no manners and I blame you Crash. " Avery says walking in and he gives her smile before kissing her cheek. " Hi Ember " Avery says turning to me and embracing me.

" Hey Avery how are you doing? Come on in " I ask as I motion for them to step in.

" Other than being married to this boy and being a mother, I'm doing great! " she says teasingly and Crash just sends her a playful glare as we make our way to the living room. " I'm joking! " she says with a chuckle.

" Harry! Wow how much longer are you gonna grow your hair? " Crash says with a chuckle.

" As long as I want, either way December loves to tug on it. " he answers sending me a wink. I feel my cheeks heat up as I shake my head at him. We share a laugh when Katie runs up to me.

" Mommy look what Jake got me! " she says excitingly as she holds up a doll shes been wanting for awhile. The only toy I was able to stop Harry from buying her for her birthday because he wanted to 'spoil his little girl'.

" Katie you shouldn't be opening presents right now that's for later when everyone is here. " I state to her and she gives me a frown but it doesn't last long as a smile breaks onto her face as she fixates on something behind me.

" Axel! " She shouts as she takes off running. I turn around to find Axel picking her up and spinning her around. She lets out a giggle as he tickles her sides as I get up and walk over to them. He sets her on the ground and gives me hug. I look behind him and give Emily a smile as Axel and I let go of each other.

" Emily! How are you? " I ask as I walk over to her and give her a quick hug.

" Other than my feet being constantly swollen, I'm doing great. " She says giving me a smile as she rubs her belly. Axel goes to her side and gives her a quick kiss on the cheek, smiling down at her. " Oh look. " She says as she holds out her hand and shows me a diamond ring.

" Finally manned up and proposed huh mate? " Harry says patting Axels back with a chuckle.

" Where's Hunter? " I ask but as soon as I ask I find him where I set out some snacks so people can munch on. " Nevermind " I say with a chuckle as Hunter walks over to us.

" Ember! " he says with his mouth full as he comes and gives me a hug.

" Hey there Hunt, hows that gym membership I got you ? " I ask him and he just flexes as he gives me a smile. We let out a laugh as Crash and Avery walk over to us.

" Such a bad host leaving us there all alone " Avery says teasingly and I roll my eyes at her. I hear another knock on the door and I go to answer it this time finding my dad, Anne, Robin, and Gemma.      " Hey! Come on in! " I say motioning for them to come in. We're about to walk back to the living room when there's a constant knock on the door. " I'm coming, I'm coming! " I shout at whoever is at the door. As soon as I open it, four little kids come rushing in saying quick hellos before they rush over to Harry all except for Emma, who tugs on the bottom of my dress.