Chapter 45

" For once I didn't know what to do and I realized it was because you weren't with me. " - unparadise
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* 2 months later *

Harry's POV
I plop down on the couch, stretching my limbs as my mum walks in.
" Harry don't put your boots on the couch. " she says as she takes a seat on one of the love seats. I let out a groan before sitting up and slipping off my boots as Gemma takes a seat beside me. I send her a glare before laying my legs on her lap and laying down.
" Your feet stink, curly. " she says pushing them off her lap but I just place them on her lap again. This time she sends me a glare before grabbing the remote. She turns on the tv and starts flipping through the channels when something catches my eye.
" Hold on Gem, go back about three channels. " I say and she does what I say. I sit up and snatch the remote from her hand and I turn up the volume.
" Harry I don't think you should watch this. " Gemma says but I shush her. On tv is December and Ace on what seems to be a talk show. They're all laughing at something that must have been said before I started watching. The host takes her left hand and examines it as she shifts in her seat a bit uncomfortable.
" Explanation ? " the host asks with a smirk and she turns to Ace who lets out a chuckle.
" Well we're engaged. " he says taking her hand and intwining their fingers. The crowd gasps before starting to clap and cheer. They glance at each other before smiling and he leans in whispering something to her before kissing her on the cheek. Nothing can describe the pain in my chest. They're engaged, she's marrying him, she actually fucking said yes to marrying him.
" Harry... " my mum starts but I just keep watching not paying attention to her.
" 18 years old and engaged, you aren't pregnant are you? " the host asks sarcastically before laughing. The way they look at each other makes my stomach drop.
" Oh... oh " the host says leaning back in his chair.
" We found out after I had proposed. " Ace says with a chuckle scratching the back of his neck.
" Proposed? I'd hardly call it that, we were just watching tv when he just blurted out the question didn't even have a ring. " she says laughing.
" Hey you promised never to mention that babe. " he says laughing along with her.
" But yes we found out after he had proposed that I was pregnant. " she says hesitantly, a faint smile on her face.
" Well I guess you two were just really excited about the engagement. " the host says laughing.
" You cou- " Ace starts but I turn off the tv. I stand up from the couch tossing the remote onto the coffee table.
" Harry... " Gemma starts but I just wave my hand at her.
" I'm going for a walk. " I state before walking out the front door.
I can't believe that they're engaged and that she's... she's pregnant. I feel a pain in my chest like something is clawing away tearing it open. I feel tears in my eyes and I quickly wipe them away. I want to believe so badly that it's a PR stunt but even I know no one would take it as far as an engagement and pregnancy. I take a seat at a bench and run a hand through my hair. Feeling my phone vibrate and I take it out. She posted a picture on Instagram. I hesitate before unlocking my phone and I wish I hadn't. It's a picture of her showing her baby bump and I suddenly feel the urge to vomit.
' Guess I can't hide the bump behind loose clothing anymore. '
The caption reads. This time I can't help the tears that fall as realization hits me hard that I have actually lost her.