Chapter 1

A/N: Fun fact, my AI bot generated this image to help me show how I envisioned the campus!

Chase's POV

"Nope. No way no way no way..." Juno said as he shook his head dramatically in front of his friends.

"You're mated to that emo freak? You're joking!" One of his best friends, Romeo, shouted as I put my right hand on my hip.

Today was my birthday so I was finally of age to find my mate. It just happened to be Juno, one of our Alpha's seven kids.

He was the middle child and the most cockiest of the bunch. Typical loud ass athletic guy who was surprisingly smart, yet made stupid decisions.

"Oh shut the fuck up Romeo! I feel bad to whoever is mated to your dumbass! Didn't you get sweet & sour sauce all over your test last class?" My friend Mimi shouted as I rubbed the back of my neck with my left hand.

We were smack in the middle of our college campus so we were starting to draw attention, especially from some humans nearby. This wasn't going to end well with how loudly we were being and it was clear that Juno was freaking out way more than I was.

"Fuck you Mimi. Don't get mad at us because you can't pull any dudes." Another one of Juno's friends, Diego, laughed and I sighed loudly.

"Look Juno we're causing attention to ourselves so are you going to reject me or not?" I asked him irritated at how they were treating Mimi.

I didn't care if they made fun of me but Mimi never did anything to them to get disrespected.

"Of course I'm going to reject you! Dude have you seen yourself?! My old man would kill me if I brought home a pierced twink and introduced him as my mate!" Juno shouted and I glared at him.

"Grunge isn't emo and I have three fucking ear piercings Juno. Ugh! I can't believe we're even having this conversation right now." I said upset as Mimi grabbed my left hand tightly.

"You guys need to grow up! I hope when you all go into rut all your dicks fall off!" Mimi shouted but all they did was laugh in response.

We both left irritated, heading to our next classes while I frowned.

I didn't expect it to be Juno of all people. If anything I'm disappointed more than he was. I was really hoping it would be his brother, Julio.

Fuck did I want it to be Julio really badly. I even showered like crazy last night and this morning so if it was him, I'd smell really good and be presentable in front of him.

"This blows." I commented once we were finally in the building we needed to be in.

Mimi and I had different classes but were in the same buildings for most of our schedules so I was thankful.

This campus was huge and my classes were never close to each other. It was like every semester I was being set up to walk miles across the campus just to get an education.

The fact that our Alpha made going to college for every wolf in the pack mandatory blows too. There were only a few exceptions, like how omegas didn't have to come, and the rule about coming to college was relatively new so I had no choice but to go.

I was just glad he didn't want us to get specific degrees so it gave us some freedom to choose what we wanted. Mimi was a Music major and I was a Fine Arts major for example.

We both got to learn more about the hobbies we loved to do so it was a win for us and we didn't have to pay. The pack covered everyone's finances and all we had to do was have good attendance, come to class and get good grades.

Pretty easy but some wolves made it hard for themselves. Like Juno and his buddies.

Juno himself was smart but he barely went to class. He learned the hard way just because you could pass any test doesn't mean college will let you skate by with poor attendance.

"Fuck they're such jerks! I'm sorry you had to go through that honey." Mimi told me with a worried look on her face while I started walking her towards her classroom.

"Are you going to be ok?" She asked me with concern filling her voice.

I laughed in response before patting her lightly on her back.

"I'm going to be fine! If anything I'm already plotting mentally on how to make him regret embarrassing me like that. I'm not emo, I just have tons of aesthetics I like to cycle through." I explained to her and her concerned expression lightened up.

"Ah so you're going to get revenge? How are you going to do that? Use one of your aesthetics to make him jealous or something?" She joked but that actually didn't sound like a bad idea.

He rejected me but since I didn't feel my chest tighten or any pain, it meant it wasn't genuine. That was the thing about wolves, they couldn't hide their emotions.

Sure he was acting all dramatic and disgusted in front of his friends, but the proof that I was walking around fine instead of crying in a bathroom stall right now was proof. So he had to feel at least some attraction or something towards me.

I just needed to figure out what he really thought about me. But that can wait until after I make him feel bad for rejecting me in the first place. Plus his friends were mean to Mimi and I don't tolerate that shit.

"That sparkle in your eye is scaring me. Let me know if you need help with anything." Mimi said smiling widely once we reached her classroom door.

This part of the building was always crowded with so many people and I always heard so many different types of music being played over here.

It was loud, especially to wolves with our great hearing, so the fact that she chose this major despite all this noise I could never understand.

"I will. Don't blow your eardrums out." I told her jokingly causing her to laugh in response.

We said our goodbyes then I started heading to my side of the building where my class was.