Chapter 38

Chase's POV

Once I was finished with the talk I had with my pack doctor, I started to head outside the clinic wing of the main pack house and go outside towards the central market.

They sold a wide range of fresh foods and other things so it was easier for me to just come buy some items here rather than risk sneaking into the city. If Juno found out I went into the city alone, he'd probably nag my ears off so I was playing it safe.

It only took me about ten minutes to get to the marketplace and the scent here was heavily. I smelt so many different things yet my nose wasn't stuffy or overwhelmed like you'd expect it to be.

I smelt fresh herbs and spices, smelt the meat vendor's stall's and even the wild flower's someone was selling. There was just a bunch of vast things being sold here that it put a smile on my face.

Everyone here took pride in the items they sold. The florist always paid extra attention to the bouquets they prepared, the same as how the farmer's always brought their freshest and prettiest crops.

I kinda missed coming down to this market. After graduating high school, we went straight into college so I was gone for a bit. But now I didn't have to worry about that problem.

I was back home, on main pack territory. If I ever wanted to come down to the market, I just had to walk over!

I looked around the different stall's as I thought about what to get. The first stall that caught my eye was selling reusable tote bags so that was definitely a must have.

I did plan to come here but for some reason I didn't grab any of the tote bags I unpacked and stuffed into my closet. And I was not about to carry all this stuff back home by hand and without a bag.

I pulled my wallet out of my ass pocket and counted the money I had. I had a bit of money on me from selling my last commission, but at one point I'd run out.

"I need to get a job soon too." I mumbled to myself as I walked over to the bag stand.

Omegas didn't have to work in the pack from what I understood when I was younger. They might have changed that rule but I swear here they were sheltered from labor and everything like they were precious jewels.

"Can I get two of the black and red ones please?" I asked the lady selling the tote bags once I decide which one I wanted.

The female selling them had a buzzcut and a huge smile appeared on her face when I walked up. She had a range of different styles and colors for her tote bags but I was fixated on a certain print.

I didn't mind getting two of the same designs because it was just that cool. It was a black tote bag with a cute red wolf design printed on the side of it.

Speaking of wolves, now that I was back home, I could shift. I haven't ran in my wolf form in ages, mostly because I'm not a runner, but it would feel nice to stretch my legs out.

Okay I'll get stuff here and then just kill two birds with one stone by running along the beach after I put the groceries away.

"Here you go Sugar. Make sure you don't carry anything too heavy ok?" She told me happily as she grabbed them down and handed me the tote bags.

I didn't really understand the carrying heavy stuff comment but maybe she meant the bags weren't meant to carry too much heavy stuff instead of ME not carrying stuff?

"Haha. Yes ma'am, I'll try not to. How much do I owe you?" I laughed it off as I looked around her stall for a price sheet.

"Oh it's on the house for you Sweetie don't even worry about it." She said, smiling even wider but I was confused.

"Are you sure? I have the money for it. I'd feel bad just taking them when it's clear you worked so hard on them." I told her sincerely and she just simply shook her head.

"A lot of us here don't typically charge y'all for things. It's hard enough for you as it is so giving you two tote bags won't kill me." She said and now I was very very very confused.

Who was y'all?

"Ah I see...thank you then. I really appreciate it." I said confused before clutching the free bags in my hand.

She waved at me happily as I slowly walked away from her stand. What did she mean? It's hard enough for who as it is?

My legs took me to my next stall while I was in thought and before I knew it, I was in front of the meat stand.

My stomach grumbled loudly and I blushed as the butcher spotted me and headed over from where he was cutting something up.

"How can I help you little lady?" The bearded male said with a husky voice causing me to roll my eyes at him.

"I'm a sir not a lady but do you have some small pounds of meat packaged up already? Like beef or pork's and stuff?" I asked him curiously as I looked over his stall.

I didn't really know how to order stuff from a butcher. I always let my parents handle this part wherever we came here together. But now I had to learn for myself.

"My bad Sweetheart." He apologized but I frowned.

Even the last stall lady was calling me Sugar and Sweetie. And now this guy was calling me little lady and Sweetheart. I never got called stuff like this before when I used to visit.

Did everyone here just get super friendly?

"So do you want some sausages? I have some smoked meat too, I don't just cut up meat here, I do it all." He said proudly before laughing.

I sighed in confusion as I looked over everything he had on display. He wasn't wrong about doing more than just cutting up meat. I could tell he was good at smoking whatever the hell he was cooking because the smell invaded my nose, making my stomach growl again.

It just reminded me about how I skipped breakfast and I blushed because I know he definitely heard my stomach.

"I'm not too sure...I mean yeah just whatever you have is fine." I said before holding onto my belly.

He didn't even answer me, just chuckled before walking away from the counter.