Chapter 37

Chase's POV

"Just give it to me straight Doc. Am I going to go into heat again soon?" I asked the doctor I met back at my apartment as we sat in his office.

It wasn't an examination room or anything like that, just his office where he kept his documents and other random papers I see scattered all over this place.

I was lucky I ran into him when I did since I didn't even have a name to ask anyone when I got here to look for him.

"Well your heats are only irregular right now because you're still new to having them. Your pheromones are unstable because you're not used to controlling them and last time we spoke, we determined that it was due to the wolf you're bonded with having Alpha blood. So since then, has anything changed?" He asked me as he looked over a packet he had in his hands.

He was relatively young, at least in appearance, which made me question if he's even old enough to be in this profession. But when I see him like this it makes him look kinda older? Like more mature?

He was multitasking, something I seemed to have trouble doing, without any effort. He would read over his thick packet of papers, put it down and jot down some notes, before going back to reading it...all while listening to me talk and discussing my heat issue with me!

"Regarding what? My body?" I asked him before looking around his office.

He had a dusty black name plate poking out from under some papers on his desk that said "Dr.Ortiz" in golden lettering with some fancy looking font.

Other than the elegant looking old name plate and the paper scattered all over the place, he had a pretty cool looking office.

The walls were a dark shade of gray and the seat I was sitting in looked really new. It was just a black chair but it was padded and actually really comfortable considering it was leather.

"Regarding your rejection? The more you both disagree with this mate situation, the worse your condition can get. Omega wolves don't tend to live long without their mates after they find them, then on top of that we have the problem of your heats being out of control. You can attract the wrong kind of attention then end up badly hurt." Dr.Ortiz explained while he pushed his glasses back up since they were sliding off his face.

"Oh we're actually living together now. We're staying on separate floors but we moved in together like a day or two ago." I told him hastily.

I was starting losing track of time. With everything going so fast, I couldn't keep up with my dates or anything anymore! I almost forgot what time it was now.

My words seemed to really get his attention now because he slammed his packet down on the desk and looked straight at me.

"You're...living under the same roof? With your heats the way they are I don't really suggest-" He started but I put my hands up defensively and he immediately stopped.

He cleared his throat before lifting his glasses slightly and rubbing his eyes roughly. A few seconds later, I expected him to keep talking but he just let out a heavy sigh.

"Do you want to know why omega wolves don't live long after meeting their mates and not bonding? Well to be frank they don't live as long as other wolves wither they find their mates or not." He explained while I looked into his eyes.

His tone changed and the way he was talking was kinda scaring me. It was like I couldn't avoid it or joke my way out of it. This was serious so I had to pay close attention.

"It's because when you go into heat you always get a really high fever of about 105 degrees Fahrenheit. And how often do you think omegas get this high fever? Omegas with regulated heats get fevers that high four times a year since they get their heats every three months." Dr.Ortiz continued as he pushed his glasses up so they wouldn't fall off his face.