Chapter 97

Chase's POV

Right now I was probably more nervous than when I went to visit Juno's family last week.

Meeting my family went a little different than I envisioned but now I had to formally meet his buddies.

He's already met mine since they were at my house for my bonding announcement, and I only hung out with those three anyways.

But Juno's buddies? I didn't have the best past memory of all of them since collectively they were assholes to me and my friends.

I know people could change, like how Juno did and how drastically Romeo did when we were taken away; but I just don't know if they'd welcome me with open arms.

I said some harsh things to them in the past too, so they might still be holding grudges against me. But to be fair they always started it!

They all followed Juno around like a little pack of bullies and they used to harass me like crazy when we were pups after Juno stopped being friends with me!

"You overthink a lot don't you?" Juno linked me in our bonded mind-link as he walked me over to where his buddies were going to meet up with us.

We were going to a flat green, grassy area that was just a few yards away from the back of the pack house.

They either held parties over here or used it for training, so right now he decided to let me meet the group of pack members he had under him before their practice.

He just came home from his last class today at 4:30 P.M. and the first thing he did was grab my hand and yank me over here happily to meet his friends.

These weren't just his friends either. These were the guys he picked to be under him when he was younger and they've all stuck beside him this entire time in case he became the Alpha.

Out of all of them, the only one I was looking forward to seeing again was Romeo if I was being honest. After the incident happened, I got my heat here then so much happened afterwards that I wasn't able to go check on him in the medical wing.

Apparently since then he's been acting fine but I knew that he was still shaken up about getting bit even if he pretended he wasn't. It was just a feeling I had since he showed me a side of him I'm not sure others, even Juno, has ever seen.

He was hurt but still strong willed but despite that, that bite mark on his neck seemed to shake him up more than the situation we were initially in.

Once we reached the field, I felt my hands start to sweat a little from my nerves so I pulled my left hand out of Juno's.

He cocked his eyebrow at me, confused at the sudden lack of touch but didn't say anything since he understood I was anxious.

All his friends were gathered and I remembered all their names and faces, but Juno still wanted to properly introduce me as his mate to them. Ever since we bonded fully, he made it very apparent that he needed to tell everyone that we were together.

I understood where he was coming from, but re-introducing me to wolves I already knew was kinda extra. But I guess this was also his way of saying their old ways changed?

Like he probably thought this was a good idea to squash our old beef and he for sure wanted us all to get along. Why wouldn't he want his mates and close friends to get along?

I understood that but standing in front of all of them now was a lot of pressure to do alone. I had to remember they weren't standing in front of me as bullies anymore but as my mate's close friends.

I took in a deep breath as I finally stopped walking and stood a few feet away from all of them. They eyed me since I don't think Juno mentioned to them that I was going to be here, so I was just here unexpectedly to them.

The guys he had under him were only Romeo, Juan, Jose and Diego so it wasn't like I was meeting a huge group of males; it was just still kinda awkward given our history.

"You guys know Chase is my mate, but we finally bonded properly so I wanted to bring him around everyone now that we've talked to each others families. He's my fated pair and I love him more than my own life, so moving forward, I hope you all can get along." Juno explained to his friends and I looked around at all their faces.

Some were surprised at the sudden news like Diego and Juan, but Romeo and Jose didn't seem to really be phased by it.

"And I want to apologize for all the stuff I said in the past...So, Jose I'm sorry for elbowing you in your jaw even though you totally deserved it when you wouldn't let me go, Romeo I'm sorry I didn't see you sooner when you were healing after we got home, Diego I wanted to thank you for staying back with Juno when we were in that scary situation and Juan...I don't really have nothing to say to you since we don't really interact but maybe sorry for calling your outfit ugly when we were 13. You know, the super ugly one you wore to try to impress all the girls and that one omega our age? The really old school vintage gold jacket with puffy sleeves with the matching gold pants?" I ranted and my words caused Romeo to snicker as Juan's face immediately lit up.

"Okay okay chill! We forgive you! Just don't bring that up ever again." Juan said quickly and I nodded.

"And we're sorry for picking on you little Luna. Even if we were following after Juno, as his underlings we should've corrected his behavior when we were younger instead of encouraging it. But we truly are sorry and hope you and your friends can forgive us." Jose told me while I wiped the sweat from my hands onto my shorts.

"I mean I forgive you all...it'll just take time for me to fully act like nothing happened in the past I guess, and regarding my friends; I'm sure they'd be happy if you all told them that to their faces instead of through me." I answered and Juno rubbed the top of my head gently, ruffling my hair around.