Chapter 91

Chase's POV

I woke up groggily and groaned when I felt my body begin to ache. My thighs were throbbing and I was scared to even attempt standing up since I knew my legs would be like jello.

I looked over at the alarm clock on my nightstand and it read that it was only 4:15 A.M. which made me groan even louder.

I felt refreshed so that meant Juno at least got to shower with me or something when I passed out, but my body was still super sore.

The mark on my neck he bit down on again to bond with me also tingled. It was like a light burning sensation mixed in with a weird wave of electricity.

Almost like if you tazed yourself but could still feel it happening even afterwards.

I looked down as I yawned softly and saw Juno was still asleep.

We were both naked still but he was wrapped around my waist and had his head laid against me. Before I sat up we were probably in a spooning position and looking down at him made me smile.

Even despite me sitting up, he was still clinging onto me in his sleep and resting his head against my body.

I thought this bonding thing only wore me out but seeing him like this made me feel a bit better about myself. I hated that the only times we've had sex ended with me passing out towards the end of it, but that would finally change now that we bonded.

Bonding for wolves was so serious and took a lot of commitment, which is why I was shocked that he didn't mind doing it already.

There wasn't really any rules that said it was bad bond quickly or slowly when you find your mate, but he made such a big deal about not wanting to lose to his instincts and wanting us to grow closer first.

But we finally fell in love with each other. Just a few months ago I found out he was my mate so we did end up bonding way under a year of figuring it out, but I didn't care right now.

I was so happy it happened.

I wanted nothing more than a mate to love and care for me like the amazing bond my own parents had, and even though it started off a little rocky and some shit happened, I finally got it.

Juno's light snores caused me to lay back down and look at his sleeping face.

I don't think I've ever waken up before him so this was a rare sight for me to see.

He looked angry even in his dreams since he slept with a little frown on his face with his lips parted. His mouth was only slightly open, letting soft snores escape his lips as he clung to me.

I adjusted my body to get more comfortable and hugged him as I slept. We weren't spooning anymore since I wanted to fall asleep facing him, but he was still hugging onto me firmly as I let his head rest against my chest.

Maybe if I had boobs or pecs they would've been like his pillows, but sadly he got the short stick by being mates with me since I lacked in that department.

But he didn't seem to mind. He was still asleep but after I shuffled in the bed, he clung to me tighter and nuzzled his head against my body.

I rubbed his head gently and lovingly as I looked down at him sleeping before I looked past his body and towards my curtains.

The rain was still going on but now the thunder from before was replaced with lightning. Every time the lightning would strike, a huge bright flash of light would come through the crack in my curtains I had parted, lighting up the room entirely.

I loved the rainy season and it always rained a lot here, but being next to the beach made me want to see what the ocean looked like right now. Just picturing it made me want to trace a sketch on paper but I'll do that later if I remember.

Juno moved in his sleep and ended up laying down lower on the bed, hugging my exposed stomach instead of my chest now causing me to smile down at him.

He was still young Alpha wise but he was still competing with his six other siblings. Watching him in the past go to school then just go to do pack stuff before coming home made me admire him.

I used to think he was just an athletic jerk who was smart, but seeing how Romeo acted in that dangerous situation; I saw that Juno was actually really good at training the dudes under him.

Each of the Alpha's kids were given the opportunity to either get wolves assigned to be under them or they were allowed to pick which wolves they wanted. I remember as a younger kid he held a grand pack meeting about it.

Juno and Julio were the only two that picked their own members out of all their siblings though. The Alpha did this so that the heir that takes over the pack, already has a strong connection with their inner group.

Like how Romeo was probably chosen because he was the closest to Juno, he'd probably be his Beta if Juno took over. And like how close Jay was with Julio, he'd for sure be his Beta if he got it instead.

I couldn't really remember his other siblings other than Julio too clearly. I know he had some older sisters and younger brothers, and one of his sisters wanted to be the Alpha so she trained with the pack guards from time to time; but I felt like I should learn more about his family.

Like I think his sisters name was Alexis but she went by Lexi but I wasn't fully sure. I only think her name was Alexis because I remember Mimi talking about how cool she looked in the past when she would spar with the older males and whoop them in matches, and she'd always mention an "Alexis".