Chapter 11

A/N: Yet another shout out credit to whoever this cool person is in the image! I couldn't find the tags to @ them at on google. If anyone knows please comment them!

Chase's POV

"So is there a reason you're dressed so good today?" Travis asked me lowly as we turned in our paperwork to the professor.

We were finally done writing our written assignment for this class, so we decided to just turn it in today since there was no use waiting til the last day if we were already finished.

"Not that you don't dress good every time I see you." He corrected himself quickly.

"I uh have a party to go to after this..." I told him shyly as we passed Juno's desk.

I still haven't looked at him since about a week or so ago when I cried here in the classroom.

After I finally came back to class again, he still avoided my gaze as if he never saw me getting pulled away by Travis with tears in my eyes to begin with.

"A party? That I didn't know about?" Travis questioned himself more than towards me.

His eyes closed and he quickly frowned in thought as his brain was probably going through some party list to think about which one he's missing.

"It's just a small one that one of my senior friends is hosting. Nothing major like the big bashes you probably go to." I reassured him and he reopened his eyes with a grin on his face.

"Yeah that's probably why. I know tons of seniors so if it was huge party, I definitely would've known about it." Travis boasted confidently while we took our usual seats.

Now that we were done with the paper, he didn't really need to sit by me anymore. We just needed to work on our individual pieces now throughout the semester so he could've done that back with his friends he sat by before.

"I'm so sure Mr.Popular." I teased him and he smiled, showing off how bright his teeth were again.

"So you thought you were going to a party in the fall, with the shortest shorts on possible, a flannel shirt that doesn't fit you...it's literally hanging off your shoulders then a pair of knee high socks and some black shoes without getting sick?" Travis questioned me as he looked me up and down.

I would've worn a hoodie and something more comfortable to class since the weather was starting to get cold and rainy again, but I couldn't help it.

I had to get dressed before coming to class because Julio asked me if I could help set the place up where the party was going to be held. So I might as well show up already ready right?

"I thought it was pretty basic. Why? Do you think I look weird?" I asked him fast and serious.

I felt worried at his few seconds of silence as he dropped his smile and hummed in thought as he looked me over.

"No you don't look weird at all. You look like really good. You even smell good but I don't mean it in a creepy way." Travis complemented me but I was confused.

I didn't spray on anything different?

I sniffed myself and didn't smell anything on me either so I just shrugged my shoulders.

Tonight was the night of the full moon so maybe it affected how humans smelled or something too.

"Thanks...I didn't want to wear anything too slutty you know? Like I think this is pretty modest." I explained to him as he finally tore his gaze away from my body.

"So are you going with anyone to this party? I'm free tonight if you need a dance partner." Travis hinted while wiggling his eyes brows at me.

I laughed and he gasped like he was shocked at my response.

"I'm an amazing dancer just so you know." He commented and I had to stop myself from laughing any further.

It wasn't that I thought he was a bad dancer, it's just that I was. I felt like I was a shitty dancer and he didn't seem like the type to dance to the kind of music I was into.

So I just pictured us awkwardly trying to dance along to a song neither of us had any knowledge of in front of a bunch of wolves questioning our every movement.

"No I totally believe you. Maybe I'll have to take you up on that dance another time? This is just a small gathering so I might not even stay that long." I told him truthfully and he nodded his head eagerly.

I only planned on staying for about an hour or so after I help Julio finish setting everything up.

While going to the party was going to be a great way to distract myself from a certain someone here in the same classroom as me, it was still a full moon tonight.

I was going to be under its affect just like every other wolf in our pack else would be. I'll just go have a drink and chill out before I go home and comfort myself.

"No take backs. I'll definitely be using that dance at our spring gala." He gleamed and I smiled softly at him.

He looked really happy that I agreed to dance with him so I didn't mind.

I missed out on the spring gala last year since the week it happened, our pack was on lockdown due to some rogue sightings. I was forced to leave my apartment here and go back to the main pack house for an entire week.

We never even ended up catching the rogue they saw so after a while, the lockdown was lifted and I was allowed to come back.

"Hey but seriously, what scent are you wearing? Is it a lotion or some kind of perfume? I don't know any cologne or anything that smells like this." Travis asked while he scooted his chair closer to mine.

He got a little too close to me as he sniffed me and I blushed.

I seriously had no clue what he was talking about. I used all the stuff I usually did and he's never commented about my scent this enthusiastically before.

"I don't know. Maybe I brushed along something on accident on my way over here?" I pondered while he leaned in a sniffed at me again.

His nose was super close to my neck now and I unconsciously tilted my head to the side so that he could get a better smell.

His nose and lips was just a few centimeters away from the skin on my neck and it made me shiver slightly. My face felt hot at how close he was sniffing me so I placed my hands gently on his chest to give him the hint.

"Yeah it's like really strong on your neck! And you don't remember putting anything on different?" He asked me once he leaned his head back and I shrugged my shoulders.

I took my hands off his chest and scratched the top of my head in confusion.

"Not really. Does it smell that strongly?" I asked before I brought my wrist to my nose to smell my shirt sleeve.

"Kinda. But it's like a good smell. It makes me feel warm and comfortable somehow. It doesn't smell like linen or woodsy...Just floral maybe? I can't really pinpoint it but it's definitely a bit sweet and just a tad fruity." He described and I furrowed my brows.

How was a human smelling something I wasn't? It wasn't like my nose was congested or anything. And wolves had a way better sense of smell that a human did.

So I couldn't help but think maybe other wolves have been smelling my scent around campus all day.

I'd just ask Julio about it later.