Chapter 71

Chase's POV

I ran out into the living room as I wrapped one of his blankets around my body mid-stride to see what happened.

When I opened his bedroom door that led into the living room, I saw Romeo on the floor with a fucked up right eye and standing beside him with a blonde guy I've never met before.

And I smelt blood.

We didn't have that many blondes in the pack surprisingly enough, so I definitely would've remembered his name or at least recognized this guys face.

But what I could tell, was that he wasn't from our pack, not just because of his hair color, but because of his scent.

Wolves had a strong sense of smell within our packs, so we can tell by smell who belongs and who doesn't. It's kinda weird since we all emit our own scents but wolves outside of our pack have a totally different smell to them.

I guess it's like how humans can't tell what their homes smell like since they've been living inside of it for so long but other people can pick up on the scents?

I don't know it's really confusing to think about but the point is this tall, blonde and maybe conventionally attractive guy who isn't from our pack, is in my living room upsetting my mate.

I could tell by the glare on Juno's face he wasn't happy to see the male but the blonde was standing there smiling widely at my mate anyways.

They looked like completely different males. They were opposites in some aspects but they definitely had the same body type and build.

So aside from the height and muscles, this stranger wolf guy had light blonde hair with light blue eyes and pale skin, while Juno had dark black hair with a darker shade of blue to his eyes and tan skin.

Juno was glaring aggressively and the blonde male was smiling widely like a happy golden retriever.

I was too busy taking in the guy's appearance that I forgot about Romeo on the floor until I heard him groan.

My head bolted in his direction and that's when I noticed his eye wasn't the only thing that was starting to bruise. His shirt was lifted up slightly, probably from being thrown onto the floor, and it allowed me to get a glance at the bruising on his stomach starting to form.

I didn't even say anything, just walked around Juno and his guest as they kept their eyes locked intensely on each other so I could help Romeo up.

He was an ass but that didn't mean I liked to see others suffering.

"Hey dude are you ok?" I asked Romeo knowing he wasn't as I extended my hand in front of him to grab.

But I didn't know what else to say! What was I supposed to say in this situation?!

"So this is your mate I've heard so little about. I wondered why your father sounded so secretive about him, which led me here to you Juno. To visit your home and find out for myself." The male spoke but his accent was foreign.

He didn't sound like any of the wolves that neighbored our packs or any of the humans that lived in the city, so I had no clue where this dude came from.

"I don't see why you're so damn curious. What does it matter to you anyways?" Juno spat as I waved my hand in front of Romeo's face annoyed.

I had my hand out for him to take but he looked hesitant about taking it.

I ignored them talking about me even though I now felt everyone's eyes finally on me.

"Not really." Romeo grunted as he responded to my question and finally took my hand.

I helped him up with all the strength I had since he was heavy and put his arm over my shoulder for support. And I just seriously hoped that this blanket wasn't gonna fall off my body.

I walked Romeo over to the couch with that blonde dudes gaze still on me before I sat him down carefully.

He got his ass beat harder than Mimi ever fucked him up so I felt bad. And she never held back in a fight either.

He winced as he held onto his stomach and he just looked like he was really in pain.

"Did you do this to him?" I asked the blonde dude as I turned around to face him angrily.

"I wouldn't have had to if he just brought me here the first time I asked him to." The blonde shrugged his shoulders and that's when I saw his knuckles were lightly scratched up.

Juno growled at the male again and I could tell he was really starting to get more and more angry now.

But for some reason, he wasn't pouncing?

I would've thought since this guy was in his house, in front of me, and for the fact that the same dude beat up his close friend, he would've killed him by now but he made no moves to choke the shit out of this guy.

Why?

"I only brought him because he was going to take it out on the pack...I'm sorry Juno." Romeo groaned as he held onto his rib cage.

I sat next to him on the couch, making sure my blanket was still secure enough, before I leaned over him and pulled his shirt up.

The contact made him jump slightly so I smacked his arm in warning for him to stay still and he did.

I went back to investigating his wounds, so I just lifted his shirt up even more, and looked over his stomach and sides.

To me it looked like the blonde guy probably punched him in the face so hard it made him lose his balance, which is unusual since Romeo was the type that could really take a punch. It made me wonder just how strong that blonde was.

So maybe after making him fall from the impact of the punch, the guy started kicking at Romeo's stomach and his ribs or something.

The way his stomach was already starting to show this much signs of damage...there was just no way these injured were made by just punches.

He had to have be kicking him or using some kind of weapon so just that thought alone made me upset.