Chapter 29

Chase's POV

"Chase! Come on dude don't walk away from me when we're talking!" Juno shouted as I gathered my things and started heading back to class.

I heard him groan and grab his bag off the ground before I heard his footsteps coming after me.

"Look I know you're upset but come on. It's not my fault or even your fault. It's for your safety." He said as he walked beside me.

But his words only made me frown.

I had to stay within pack territory while him and everyone else was free to stay. I'm the one that has to change my entire lifestyle now since there's a slight risk of me outing us as werewolves due to my heat. Or better yet, I'm a risk to other wolves here on campus because of my heat that'll affect them because my "mate" and I are waiting to bond.

"What a fucking joke." I said out loud as I refused to look at him.

My entire apartment needed to be packed up now.

Countless outfits I never got a chance to wear to any parties, gone to waste. And all the times and hours I spent studying to pass my courses, worth nothing.

Getting pulled out before my second semester even ended really kicked off sucked. I didn't even get to finish my degree but now I had to go live back on pack grounds.

What was I even supposed to do? Live back with my parents? Try to get my own place over there?

Every day would be boring too. I didn't even know what omegas did in their free time.

"Chase please just look at me. I know this is a lot for you to take in but I'm here with you now. You don't have to do anything alone." Juno said while I pushed open the double doors to the building our art class was in loudly.

I understood that it was neither of our faults and it was up to his father, our Alpha, to have the final say. But that didn't mean I had to just take the news with a smile on my face.

It was upsetting to hear so I became upset, it wasn't that hard to understand.

"You still get to be the handsome athlete who gets good grades and gets to hang out with your friends. You're going to be by my side? Don't fuck around with me Juno let's be serious. Your dad is going to pull me out of college and kick me out of my apartment and you're going to stay here enrolled." I ranted as I picked up my pace to walk faster.

I felt so annoyed and defeated that I just didn't know what to do. What was the point in going back to class if I was going to get forced to drop it anyways?

"While you're here I'll be just like a pet waiting to see you again back on pack grounds. And even if you break your promise and cheat on me, it won't matter. Mates or not your dad will keep me there." I said without thinking and he grabbed my wrist roughly.

I winced at the difference we had in strength as he gripped my wrist.

We were the only ones in the hallway and we almost made it to the art room before I pissed him off.

"You're hurting me Juno! Fuck can you ease up a bit?" I asked him loudly and he let go quickly.

"Shit, my bad. I forget about my strength sometimes." He apologized as he stared down at my wrist and rubbed it.

If he would've used even just a tiny bit more of his strength, I would've definitely had a bruise form.

"Look I don't see you as a pet. And I know he's going to make me keep coming to school but I can commute like my brother. I'll get a place with you over there-" Juno started to say but he was cut off by the art room door swinging open loudly, a few feet down from us.

Travis popped out of the classroom with a concerned look on his face, causing Juno to curse under his breath.

"This fucking guy is starting to piss me off." I heard Juno say through our packs link and it caused me to worry.

"What's going on boss man?" Romeo asked playfully through the link and I felt Juno reach down and grab my wrist again.

The second Travis spotted me, he glared at Juno and stormed over to us.

"Do you find this funny? Pulling him out of class and yanking him around everywhere? There's no way in hell it took you 20 minutes to make him get you a drink." Travis said angrily and I bit down on my tongue.

"We had to talk. I don't see why it's any of your business. Chase isn't a kid anymore and I don't remember him needing your permission to do anything." Juno spat back and I felt his body temperature start to rise.

"H-hey it's fine. Come on guys, let's just go back inside?" I suggested as I moved my way in between them.

They were glaring at each other like crazy and it was like I wasn't even there.

Before I could even get another word out, Juno's little gang of followers started coming down the hallway from both sides. It literally looked like a scene from an old school movie where the bully and his friends were ganging up on someone.

"Are you serious? You needed to call your boys over to intimidate Chase? How pathetic." Travis said, thinking Juno called them over prior to him finding us.

"Travis it's a misunderstanding. I'm fine and we were just talking." I told him but Juno's grip on my wrist only tightened.

I winced again and I guess that upset Travis since he made a move to get closer to me. Which wasn't the brightest idea.

In a second, Romeo had him in a headlock effortlessly and I started to panic.

"Romeo! Let him go! Juno do something before people come!" I shouted as I tried to pull myself away from him.

He didn't budge but made a head notion to his boys and they all nodded.

Travis couldn't even speak because of the hold he was in. He just struggled in Romeo's grasp as he started dragging him away.

I was confused but Juno led me to where they were all taking him quickly.