Chapter 15

Chase's POV

"Chase! What's going on?!" I heard Travis's voice call out as I peaked out from hiding in Jay's chest.

We made it to where the campus was finally, and I didn't even notice.

"Do you really know him?" Jay asked me calmly as Travis ran up to where we were.

We were at the college campus so we weren't that far from my apartment now, but the sun was already starting to set. I had no idea why Travis happened to spot us and approach us, but I was relieved.

"Yeah he knows me! I just said his name didn't I?" Travis told Jay angrily and I could feel Jay start to get upset with how he was approached.

"He's my classmate Jay, it's okay. You can let me down now, I can go back with Travis." I told him as I moved to get out of his arms but he didn't budge.

I looked up at him confused but he wasn't even looking at me.

Jay was glaring down at Travis since he towered over the both of us in height, and made no movement to let me go.

"Dude Jay it's fine. He isn't going to do anything, he can't." I hinted but he just scoffed at Travis.

Travis only smelled my scent slightly but he wouldn't get affected like a wolf would. He was still just a human after all so there wasn't much he could do that would affect me.

I don't know why Jay was so worked up over a human messing with him. Travis was a human inside and out so there was no point in him getting so riled up. And if Travis took me back, it would be better since this heat bullshit would affect Jay anyways.

"I'm taking you back to your place like I told you I would, if you want him to follow me by all means. But I'm not letting you go." Jay stated bluntly while he still made solid eye contact with Travis.

I sighed out in frustration as my face gradually started to heat back up. I was starting to feel feverish so I didn't have time for them to have their petty arguments right now.

"Okay fine. Travis can you please come stay the night with me?" I asked him as I looked away from Jay's angry face.

Travis nodded and looked at me softly before I instructed Jay where to go.

"I didn't know you were friends with...guys like this." Travis told me as I rubbed my face back into Jay's chest.

He was carrying me bridal style and for some reason his scent and body heat was calming me down slightly. It might just be because he's a male wolf in my pack since my heat was coming quickly, but it was at least reassuring to smell.

The only real male that would've helped me cure these symptoms wants nothing to do with me right now and maybe not ever.

If I was going to start having more heats after this one ends, I was going to be screwed for life.

I'd be in heat to the point where I'd pounce on any male I could get my hands on since the female pheromones wouldn't help my heat reside. Sure I could sleep with either sex but since I'm unmated, and sadly have come across my mate, neither of them would satisfy me.

"And what the fuck is that supposed to mean? I didn't know Chase had classmates like you in his classes pretty boy. I would've switched out the second I saw you." Jay retorted and I groaned.

My heart beat was starting to get faster and I felt my body changing.

I was scared and I didn't even have to check to know I was shaking again in his arms. They stopped bickering once they noticed my pain and Jay sped up his pace again.

This felt like shit. I couldn't believe females and omegas had to go through this so often.

I felt like I was dying and I couldn't control anything. It was like my body didn't even belong to me anymore and it was making my mind go crazy.

"Fuck Chase. We're almost there." Jay whispered to me as I felt his heart beat start to pick up too.

My scent must've came out again since his body temperature was starting to rise higher just like mine was. My ear was pressed against his chest and I could definitely hear his heart beating louder and faster each second he had me in his arms.

"What's wrong with you Chase? Should we take you to the hospital?" Travis asked worried but I shook my head frantically.

A hospital in the main city was just ran by nothing but humans. Here and there you'd see a vampire sneak their way in but for the most part, it was human territory. I couldn't leave the pack grounds without permission from our Alpha and no matter what so I wouldn't go anyways.

How could I? I have no "insurance" or any identification other than my college student I.D and that's about it. No birth certificate or any documentation whatsoever, and to top it all off, they'd try to get a blood sample to run tests at one point!

They'd see that I'm not human and want to kidnap me to run tests or work for their government and that's not my cup of tea.

"It's just a stomach ache." I lied lowly as Jay walked even faster as we turned the corner of the block.

Travis didn't buy that excuse in the slightest but didn't question me any further which I was thankful for. Just talking right now hurt and technically I wasn't fully lying.

My stomach did hurt. It hurt because my insides were changing, preparing for my heat and to top it all off I was already starting to feel the effects of the full moon.

I felt something leak from my ass and I yelped loudly, causing Jay to stop walking and Travis to frown.

"Just...keep walking. My apartment is only a few more yards away and I need to get home." I told Jay embarrassed at the strange feeling and he nodded.

He ran the rest of the way there without even breaking a sweat, with Travis trailing slowly behind him. Travis was surprisingly good at running since he was able to catch up to Jay fairly quickly. Jay did make sure not to run suspiciously fast though so that was at least good.

Once we reached my apartment, Travis hit the elevator button for us and we all loaded into the small space. Lucky for me, no one else was in there to see how embarrassing I looked.

I glanced at my reflection in the elevators wall mirrors and sighed. My face was flushed and my green eyes were still puffy from me crying on and off. My nose wasn't running, thankfully, and my outfit looked all messed up and not tidy anymore.

Jay was still holding me bridal style, headstrong on keeping his promise. He worked under Julio so I wasn't that surprised that he was helping me so seriously and dedicated.

It was kind of amazing to see the effect Julio had on other wolves in the pack but now wasn't the time to get amazed. I had bigger things to worry about, like why I'm going through my first heat cycle this late in my life and what I was going to do to help myself tonight.