Chapter 74

Chase's POV

I must've fallen asleep while watching over Romeo because I opened my eyes slowly before yawning loudly.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and picked my head up since I fell asleep on the floor besides the couch Romeo was resting on. Then I groaned because sleeping on the living room floor made my entire body feel groggy.

I didn't even take a pillow down onto the floor with me, I just knocked completely out!

I looked over at the couch at sighed with relief to see Romeo was still asleep. I was shocked to see he somehow shifted into his wolf form while sleeping but he wasn't whimpering anymore so that was a good sign.

From this angle, I couldn't see his ribs well since he wasn't laying flat but curled into a ball, but in this form he'd heal quickly in no time.

His wolf was smaller than Juno's but still way bigger than my own so I just studied his form as I started to wake up.

I yawned again, silently this time, as I continued to rub the sleep from my eyes.

Romeo's wolf was a dark brown color. And if I remembered correctly, his eyes were brown too.

His paws did have markings that I always thought were cute since it looked like his wolf had little black socks on all his feet; but I never told him that to his face even as a pup.

His paws were solid black despite his wolf being brown and seeing everyone's differences in their wolves always brought me joy.

I actually don't even remember the last time I saw my own friends shift into their wolf forms.

Looking over him reminded me that Mimi's wolf was a few shades lighter than his. Her wolf had pretty light brownish gray eyes and unlike Romeo who had markings on his paws, she had a streak of white fur around her chest area that traveled down to her stomach.

Her wolf was pretty and she was super fast! I remember Romeo used to tease her into racing with him but their speed was always a tie. Looking back on it, they always did butt heads but they never do physically fight anymore.

They used to back when they first broke up but we were pups so those little swings didn't really do much to them back then.

But I wonder why they still fought after all these years. I was going to have to ask Romeo or Mimi privately once this whole situation dies down.

Then there were Jean and Daniel's wolves. They both had darker brown wolves similar in color so it was kind of hard to tell them apart sometimes without cheating by using their scents.

I did start to notice some differences eventually though. Last time I saw them shift was a long ass time ago but Daniel had black eyes and Jean's eyes were dark brown and looked amazing in the sun light.

And if you had them flip over, Daniel's paw pads were slightly smaller than Jean's.

"Mngh." I groaned again but this time as I got off of the floor carefully.

My hips were starting to hurt and the pain made me remember the steamy night I had with Juno again.

My face flushed as I thought about it and I shook my head to get those thoughts out of my head.

I looked over at the clock Juno placed in the living room on the wall and squinted just in case I was reading the time incorrectly.

If the time on the wall was correct, he's been gone for about four hours already.

And even though I fell asleep, hearing him enter through the front door definitely would've waken me up.

I crossed my arms angrily before walking over to the phone we got from the phone store.

I didn't remember his phone number at all and there was no contacts in here, but he at least had my number, and I had no missed calls from him.

I was about to leave Romeo here to sleep and go out searching for him on my own, but then I heard the front door open.

I ran out of the kitchen happily but my smile faded as I saw the blonde guy enter the house again.

I looked behind him confused as to why he came back here, but Juno wasn't with him either. The whole thing was fishy and I instantly put my guard up.

"Hey hey. Do I really deserve to be glared at as soon as I walk in?" The male asked me with a smile on his face.

His smiles seemed lifeless and even made his eyes look like he was having a great time but I sensed no real joy coming from this man. His smiling was fake and his whole aura just threw me off.

It was like my instincts were telling me he was dangerous and not to trust him, which said a lot.

"I don't remember inviting you in, you just opened the door and waltz in here. How did you even get in? Juno always locks the door on his way out and where is he anyways? Why is it just you who came back?" I questioned him as I walked to the couch Romeo was resting on and stood in front of him protectively.

"You're asking a lot of questions for a guy that's just Juno's mate. You are his mate right? Well at least I think so. He isn't the type to just mark anyone and you stink of his stench strongly." The blonde male stated before slowly stalking over to where I was shielding Romeo.

"I don't know why you came back alone but treaty of not, if you take another step further, I promise you I will bite the absolute fuck out of you. I don't want you in my house so please just leave." I warned him and his amused smile never faded from his face not one time.

"And if I don't? Are you so sure that you'll be able to sink you teeth into my flesh? Just look at our height difference and difference in weight class." The blonde laughed and I glared at him firmly.

When I didn't join in on his laughter, it was almost scary how quickly he stopped laughing and finally put on another smile.

"But never mind that now, Juno's talking with my father and told me to come back here to fetch you. He mentioned something about you getting a new phone so he's been having trouble contacting you?" The male said curiously and I bit down on the inside of my cheeks.

Was he lying? Was he telling the truth?

I didn't know what to think but that sounded like something Juno would say. But this man seemed untrustworthy despite looking only a few more years older than me.

"Since you're not coming willingly and quickly, I'll just come to you. I'm a busy man so what's one to do?" I heard him say in that accent I still couldn't figure out.

He then lunged at me so quickly I didn't even have a chance to process what just happened.

And the next thing I knew I was out cold. I couldn't even see what hit me since everything happened so fast.