Chapter 12

A/N: Another generated picture from my AI bot to help me express my envisioned building.

Chase's POV

"I really appreciate you coming out to help me. I feel bad since I invited you and now you're helping me set up." Julio sighed out and I shook my head so quick I almost hurt my neck.

"No! I mean, I don't mind. I would've just been hauled up in my room tonight anyways." I admitted while Julio led me through the woods, to the place the party was going to be held at.

Apparently his dad let him and some of his friends just use one of the houses on the pack territory that was close to the outskirts of the town our campus was at. So it was located in the woods, but still a good few miles away from both the main pack land and the town.

I don't think humans ventured out this far but even if they did spot it, it would just look like someone's private property.

Julio told me it was a two story house that wasn't too small or old, just the right size and was maintained enough for him and his senior buddies to use while they were still attending school.

His dad still made it mandatory for them to do things for the pack, so their house being in the middle between school and home just made sense. Julio was older than Juno but they still had five other siblings not including them.

Julio was the third eldest, so it was only natural that his father still made him do training and stuff in the pack. He was one of his successor's in case anything happened to him so he had a lot to learn in case he ever had to take on the role of our future Alpha.

I looked up to him since he was nice to all the other pack members despite their lower ranking roles and he was just overall a good guy. He helped out the elders without needing to be asked to, I've seen him play around with the pups in his wolf form when their teachers were too tired, and his personality took after our Luna.

Juno on the other hand wasn't really like his brother at all. Which had me stumped.

My crush was always Julio but the moon goddess gave me Juno and gave me to him.

But he didn't accept me.

I feel like part of it is because he wants to be seen as perfect in his dad's eyes, and I wasn't the image of his ideal mate.

He hated my piercings and they weren't even anything major. He hated my fashion sense since it was something he couldn't understand. And he stopped hanging out with me when both those things started happening.

So that's all I could really think of. Rejecting me because I'm "emo" wasn't a good enough excuse.

Rejecting your mate was no laughing matter and it wasn't something you could do half assed.

Julio told me mates in my situation usually got back together and made up after rejection, after they talked it out.

But I couldn't do that right now.

That seemed like an easy fix...for those couples that could at least communicate well with each other.

He hasn't spoken to me since that time he rejected me in the court yard and he hasn't looked at me since the day I came to class with my hair dye washed out and my piercings taken out.

Just thinking about the dilemma I'm in made me furrow my eyebrows.

I don't even know what I want anymore. I wanted him to regret hurting me but I also wanted us to work things out I guess.

Mainly because rejection didn't just affect me, it affected him too. We had class together and wolves with Alpha blood were unpredictable, even the sweet Julio beside me.

Now some might think, "But Chase, he rejected you not the other way around."

But when it came to wolves with Alpha blood, their mentality changes when their instincts take over. Juno walked around like he wanted nothing to do with me but if his instincts took over, he'd snap at someone for even breathing by me.

And part of me wanted his instincts to just stay in control but that's not how it worked. And I didn't want to force him to mate with me...

Making someone your mate just didn't sit right with me. If he didn't want to, I can't make him. It would be no different than him just rejecting me flat out like he did earlier.

There would be no sincere feelings and it would still make my heart feel lonely even if he was by me.

"What's gotten you so in thought that you didn't even notice we've been standing in front of the front door for like five minutes now?" Julio asked me curiously and I shook my head to stop thinking about his brother.

I was supposed to stick to my plan tonight. I was here to help out and finally stop thinking about him damn it.

There was nothing I could do about our situation anyways. If he wanted to talk it out with me, he's not a kid anymore. He had tons of opportunities to do so and we even have class together!

Nothing and no one stopped him from sitting near me but himself. He could've mind-linked me if it was too much to do in person, but instead he blocked me out of his mind too!

Fuck I was doing it again.

"I just need to clear my head about you know...plus you should've told me sooner we were out here that long!" I told him embarrassed that he was just standing by me for so long silently,

"Well you met your other half. They're going to be on your mind whether you got accepted or rejected. That's just how we are." Julio explained and I nodded my head.

He unlocked the front door with the key attached to his car keys quickly, then held the door for me after he got it open.

I uttered a small thank you to him before I awkwardly walked inside and stood off to the side so he could enter in behind me.

I don't know why but going to someone else's place for the first time always made me feel weird. They could say "make yourself comfortable" all they wanted but it was going to take me at least five visits to really be able to breathe.