1

I was with my little sister Katara having a snowball fight. Our brother Sokka peers over a snow wall and prepares to throw a snowball at us only to be hit by a snowball thrown by Katara.

I give the loudest of laughs while Katara giggles joyfully. Sokka climbs over the snow wall, carrying an exceptionally large snowball. He drops it, however, upon witnessing blackened snow falling from the sky.

"I'm going to find Mom!" Katara said as she runs off. I tensed me followed after Katara. The black snow falling around us.

"Mom!" I said quickly seeing a man standing above her. I grabbed Katara before pushing her outside our hut. "Find dad." I said to her quietly. She ran as fast as she could as I turned to face the man. I unconsciously entered a fighting stance and flared at the soldier.

"Tell me where the last water bender is." The man said completely ignoring me.

"If I tell you will you promise to leave my tribe alone."

"You have my word." The soldier sneered sinisterly.

"Hai, get out of here."

"No mom. I'm not leaving you!"

"I'm the last water bender." My eyes widened at moms bold faced lie. "Arrest me."

"No need." The fire bender took a stance and cut mom down right in front of me. The scream I let out was silenced as o sent a punch into the air, blue flames sprouting from my hand. The man shockingly began his battle with me before he got close enough to hit me on the back of my head, rendering me unconscious.

*short skip*

"You brought back a prisoner?" The fire lord said as I sat on my knees in a room where three figures sat behind a flame.

"Not just any prisoner, My Lord." The man untied me and made me stand at my feet.

"You killed my mother." I said dropping into a stance.

"Someone stop her."

"No, watch carefully." The soldier said as he dropped into a stance. My eyes narrowed and I sent a punch his way, the blue flame returning once more before I swiped my feet in a circle around me. Flames sprouted around me before I felt my arms being pinned behind me. I felt my body heat up with anger and was released from the person grip. I turned and punched the man causing fire to burn against his skin.

"Blue flames from a water bender." A voice said as the man I burnt stumbled back in pain.

"Do you wish to ever see your family again?" My flames died down as I looked beyond the red flame wall. "Stop fighting now. You will be married off to my son. He needs a strong fire bender for a wife." I glared.

"I want to go home."

"This will be your home for now. Try to escape and you'll be killed. You will began your training in the morning." The shadows of people disappeared before all the flames in the room disappeared. I glared at the floor and felt my arm being grabbed.

"Welcome to your new home."

*Present Time*

"Happy birthday." I heard General Iroh say as I walked to the bow of the boat. I nodded kindly at him keeping my arms on the inside of my Hanju.

"Thank you General."

"Retired General." I smiled softly before sitting beside him. "Are you okay dear?"