9

The next night, Zuko's ship is docked in a port. Members of the crew have gathered for music night on the ship. Lieutenant Jee plays a lute as Iroh sings. Several other crew members play instruments or dance.

"Winter, spring ... Summer, and fall ... Winter, spring ... Summer, and fall ... Four seasons ... four loves ... Four seasons ... for love." Iroh and I sang together as I danced around with the crew. I giggled and spun around lifting up the edges of my skirt.

"Princess." Zhao's voice halted everything. I looked at him as the music came to an abrupt end. Zuko who was standing at the hallway entrance stepped into view.

"Admiral Zhao." I greeted.

"I'm taking your crew."

"What?!" Zuko fumes.

"I've recruited them for a little expedition to the North Pole."

"Uncle, is that true?"

"I'm afraid so. He's taking everyone ..." Iroh said, his arm over his face in woe. "even the cook."

"Sorry you won't be there to watch me capture the Avatar. But I can't have you getting in my way again."

"No!" I gripped Zuko's arm and kept him from charging Zhao.

"Princess Hai, General Iroh, the offer to join my mission still stands ... if you change your mind." I frowned and looked down at the scroll in my hand.

*short skip*

"Pack everything, Hai." I nodded and shoved what I could in a bag.

"Zuko." I said as Iroh took the bag from my hand. "Why are you sending me with him?"

"Something's not right." Was all he said. "You'll be safer with a full crew."

"What about you?"

"I'll join you."

"Admiral Zhao?" I called reaching the deck where he stood. "May I ask for your assistance in carrying my belongings?" He smirked and nodded as both Zuko and Iroh carried my bags up. I turned to Zuko as Zhao and a soldier grabbed my items.

"Go." Zuko said. I frowned and moved closer to him. I leaned up and kissed his cheek softly.

"Be safe, Prince Zuko."

"Come on, Princess." I followed the Admiral off as soldiers stood at both sides. When we got further away I noticed Iroh had also joined me. I smiled softly at him just as a loud explosion rang behind us.

The ship explodes. Zuko still inside. A choking sob left my body before I was able to stop it. I ran towards it only to be caught at the waist by soldiers.

"Zuko!" I yelled. I watched in horror as the soldiers carried me away.

*short skip*

"Princess, I was ordered to bring you food." A voice said as the tears soak into the blanket beneath me.

"I'll give it to her." Iroh said outside the door dismissing the soldier. I didn't move as the door opened and not one but two sets of foot prints entered the room.

"Hai, you can't cry."

"Zuko?" I whispered sitting up. The door shut behind Iroh as he left the tray on the table. I jumped up and jumped into his arms as he dropped the helmet onto the bed.

"I'm okay." He said tightening his arms around my waist. "The people weren't very quiet and gave me enough time to make it off of the ship." I pulled away slightly.