22

"Zuko?" I mumbled a he walked back to bed. He looked at me and then handed me a scroll.

"Someone put this outside the door." I opened it and read over the note.

"You're great grand father? Fire Lord Sozin?" He shrugged and I paused. "Or your mothers grand father?"

"I don't know who that would be." He said sighing.

"Isn't there a place you could fine that out?"

"I'm not sure." He paused and laid back. I don't know what posted me to do it, but I lifted up a flame.

"The Fire Sages keep the secret history in the Dragonbone Catacombs." I said reading the words that popped up. He took back the scroll and I watched Zuko's eyes, as he finishes reading the secret message. Zuko quickly turns to leave.

"Let's go." I nodded and got up and got ready.

A Fire Sage walks through a courtyard, and stops over a large medallion fashioned in the shape of a flower in the middle of the courtyard. He crouches low, and delivers a blast of fire into the center of the medallion. It begins to open a hidden passage, under the courtyard of the temple. The Sage goes into the passage through the steps.

As Zuko and I hide and waits behind a pillar. When no one is around, we go to the secret passage, and he bends a blast of fire into the medallion. The passage opens, and a spiral staircase is revealed along with a very large secret chamber. We travels through the chamber and down a hall lined with bones of dragons, all lined up along the walls of the hall.

We come to an ornate door with a metal sculpture of Fire Lord Sozin on it. The chest of the sculpture has a Fire Nation emblem. Zuko places his left hand over the emblem, and bends a fire blast. The fire fills the door, and comes out from the statue's eyes, nose and mouth.

Zuko enters the room, pulls his cloak from his head, and raises his lantern to look around the dark chamber, and sees that the room is filled with artifacts and various vessels. I followed close behind before wondering over to a few artifacts. A large statue of a dragon sits in the middle of the room. Under the dragon's head, Zuko finds Fire Lord Sozin's history.

"The final testimony of Fire Lord Sozin." I looked at him then shook my head.

"We already know all this we learned it in school. That's not what we should be looking for." I said quietly.

"I have to start somewhere."

"Then let's start with Iroh. He has to know a little more right? Maybe he was the one who sent the scroll?"

"Let me read this first." He said. I nodded and then I looked away.

Moments later he stood up and grabbed my hand. We began our way out and I noticed a sage walking in our direction. I pushed Zuko back into a small hallway and watched the sage walk past. I frowned and then we both ran out quickly.

"He must have been doing night rounds."

"Or he saw the light. Let's go."

"You sent this, didn't you? I found the secret history, which by the way should be renamed history most people already know! The note said that I needed to know about my great-grandfather's death, but he was still alive in the end." Zuko said as we entered Iroh's cell.

"No. He wasn't."

"What are you talking about?"

"You have more than one great-grandfather, Prince Zuko."

"His mother's grandfather am I right?" I said Iroh nodded slightly.

"Sozin was your father's grandfather. Your mother's grandfather was Avatar Roku." My eyes widened.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because understanding the struggle between your two great-grandfathers can help you better understand the battle within yourself." Zuko sits down, with his head facing down. "Evil and good are always at war inside you, Zuko. It is your nature, your legacy. But, there is a bright side." Zuko looks up. "What happened generations ago can be resolved now, by you. Because of your legacy, you alone can cleanse the sins of our family and the Fire Nation. Born in you, along with all the strife, is the power to restore balance to the world." Iroh removes a brick and reaches for the bundle.

"That is a royal artifact." I said quietly.

"It's supposed to be worn by the Crown Prince." Iroh hands it to Zuko.

*skip*

"The Day of Black Sun has arrived." A servant said. "You must come with us Princess Hai." I looked at them and then nodded before following the servant.

"Where is Prince Zuko?" I asked putting my hands in front of me. My hanfu sleeves covered my hands.

"He is waiting for you." I frowned and followed the servant through the halls.

*skip*

"Zuko." I mumbled joining his side. He put his hands out and attempted to light a flame.

"The one day fire bender a are at a disadvantage." He said. I put my hand out letting a small red flame flicker in my palm.

"This is the most I can manage but it makes me feel incredible weak."

"Don't do it then." He mumbled taking my hand in his. I smiled and leaned against him. "Let's leave today."

"The black sun weakened all fire benders. Perfect day for the avatar to make his return." I said quietly. He tensed then nodded. "But black sun only lasts a few minutes. It hasn't fully kicked in yet I can feel it once it does we will go to your father."

"Go get anything we may need. I will find you after I talk to my father."

"Be safe." He leaned down and kissed my head. I smiled before turning and running off.

*short skip*

"Avatar?" I mumbled seeing him and his group leaving the palace on Appa. I shook my head and ran to Zuko and my room. I grabbed a small pack and grabbed a pouch of gold coins then a knife as well as some essentials.

"Princess?" Someone said from behind me. I turned and looked at a maid. Her eyes landed on the bag in my hand before she frowned. I watched her drop into a stance. "I was told to keep you in here no matter what." I sighed and put the bag on the bed.

"You think you'll win?"

"I just have to subdue you." She said. I sighed as I felt the suns energy rush through my body. "Princess."

"No. I think you should stand down." Her eyes widened as flames sprouted around me on the floor. "You're a non bender. I was only weak for a few moments." I rushed her and hit her pressure points knocking her to the ground. "I won't hurt you. Don't ever stand in my way again." I said before grabbing the bag and disappearing.

"You made it." Zuko mumbled. I nodded and handed him the bag.

"I grabbed the bare minimum. We will be on our feet a lot." He leaned down and kissed my head as we loaded the war balloon.