10

"I saw the ships retreating last night. We need to go in and find Zuko and Iroh."

"Admiral Zhao said to stay here until he comes back."

"Lieutenant Jee. I'm no longer asking. It is now a command from your Princess."

"Yes ma'am."

*short skip*

"Zuko." I whispered running to him. He caught me quickly and staggered slightly. "You and Iroh need to go rest, Jee has agreed to drop us off near the earth kingdom and let us disappear for awhile."

"A command more like." Jaron said bluntly. I frowned and then kissed Zuko's cheek.

"Let's go lay down." He said. I nodded and dragged him into my room.

The moment his head hit the pillow he was out his soft snores filled the room. I gently brushed my hand across his face as I laid with him. I don't know what happened at the northern tribe but if he's this exhausted mentally and physically then it wasn't good.

When we were let off the ship we had walked a few miles with just a few belongings on our back. I had made sure to bring plenty of money for whatever we needed. Zuko had decided to take a sabbatical from trying to go back home and take things as it's handed. If the avatars in sight he will fight if not he's not going to track his every movement anymore.

"That looks like a very fancy resort." Iroh said as we walked through a village. I sighed and nodded before following the elder into the resort.

"Don't get carried away, we should keep moving. I'm sure a message got out of where I was last known to be." I said as Iroh looks through every shell on the table.

"Look at these magnificent shells! I'll enjoy these keepsakes for years to come."

"We don't need any more useless things! You forget, we have to carry everything ourselves now!"

"Hello, brother. Uncle. Hai." Exactly what I was trying to say. Unwanted visitors will find us if we stay in one place to long.

"What are you doing here?"

"In my country, we exchange a pleasant hello before asking questions." Azula rises and walks toward us. "Have you become uncivilized so soon, Zuzu?"

"Don't call me that!"

"To what do we owe this honor?" Iroh said in slight annoyance. I sighed and looked to the Princess.

"Hmmm ... must be a family trait. Both of you so quick to get to the point." She breaks the shell she was holding with her fingertips, leaving Iroh angry. "I've come with a message from home. Father's changed his mind. Family is suddenly very important to him. He's heard rumors of plans to overthrow him; treacherous plots. Family are the only ones you can really trust. Father regrets your banishment. He wants you home. Did you hear me? You should be happy. Excited. Grateful. I just gave you great news." My eyes remained on her as she lied through her teeth. The fire lord isn't like that. I clenched my fists and looked down.

"I'm sure your brother simply needs a moment."

"Don't interrupt, Uncle! I still haven't heard my thank you. I'm not a messenger. I didn't have to come all this way."

"Then go back."

"Quiet. You're married to my brother yes but you're still a peasant."

"Father regrets? He ... wants me back?"

"I can see you need time to take this in. I'll come to call on you tomorrow. Good evening."

"She's lying." I said after she left. I am normally a calm person but when it comes to Azula. I hate her with a burning passion. If I could've I would've burnt her to ash years ago.