18

"Hai?" Zuko said. I looked up at him and then gently cupped his face. We were in the back so I wasn't worried. There weren't to many people here today so we had more breathing room.

"I don't think our happy place is going to last long." I said softly. He frowned and I gently rubbed my thumb across the bottom of his scar.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'm just tired, I guess." He nodded slightly as I moved my hand. He leaned down and kissed my head before walking out. It'd been 3 days since I saw Katara. I knew she was going to tell soon, if she hadn't already.

I'm glad Iroh had started training someone else on the proper ways of tea making. We had hired some people to work with us or at least take a shift and they'd work later in the day. If something happened to us we'd be covered at the shop.

"Where's the beautiful Kya?" A man said, I snapped out of whatever funk I had put myself in and walked out to the front. Zuko standing next to my regular.

"If it isn't my second favorite person." I said with a smile approaching his table. "How are you today Shuo?" Zuko nodded then walked away.

"I was better until I heard second favorite person! Whose the first?"

"My husband, of course." I said with a smile. His face fell momentarily before he regained composure.

"Husband?"

"Yeah, Lee and I have been in love since we were kids."

"Lee." He mumbled barely loud enough for me to hear.

"So is it going to be Jasmine again today?" His face brightened back up and he nodded. "I'll get that for you!" I offered a bright smile before walking into the back room passing Zuko on my way in.

"So he definitely likes you." Zuko said as I received the Jasmine tea. I glanced over at him and smiled slightly.

"Jealous?"

"No need to be. I know who you sleep with." My face flushed and I slapped his arm with my free hand before going out and setting a cup and the pot at Shuo's table like normal. He gestured for me to sit with him and I ignored it.

"Come on sit with me it's not that busy today."

"Shuo-"

"I insist." I frowned slightly before sitting across from him. "How long have you known Lee?"

"Well let's see," I said as I put my hands on my lap. "I met him after my mom died, about 8 years now. He's been there for me since day one."

"Oh." I looked over at Zuko as he served a table close by. The smile on his face made me smile and I immediately turned back to Shuo.

"Why do you ask?"

"Were you there when he got the scar?" My face fell and I narrowed my eyes. "Would you be mad if I challenged him to a fight for your hand?"

"Very. I'm not a prize to be won at some fair." I stood up. "Shuo I'm flattered, really. You can't force someone to love you. You can't force someone to be with you. After you finish your tea I think it's best that it be your last time here." I said before turning to see Zuko standing right there.

"What's wrong?" He asked putting his hand on my hip. I glanced down at Shuo before shaking my head.

"Nothing. After he finishes his tea can you make sure he finds his way out. Thank you." I walked past Zuko and went to the back. I realized it was only Iroh and let the flames form around my fists in anger before quickly letting them disappear.