13

Later as Zuko and I laid together in the green grass. I sat up on his lap as an ostrich horse can be heard. Zuko sits up, and looks to see Sela riding toward him in a carriage. She is frantic and panicked.

"You have to help! It's Lee - the thugs from town came back as soon as Gansu left." I immediately stood up at the mention of Lee. "When they ordered us to give them food, Lee pulled a knife on them! I don't even know where he got a knife! Then they took him away. They told me if he's old enough to fight, he's old enough to join the army. I know we barely know you, but ..."

"I'll get your son back." I said.

"We will get your son back."

Back in the Earth Kingdom town, it is sunset. We are riding on our ostrich horse through a small archway that enters into the town. The people around scatter when they see us coming. Lee is tied up to a tower. He seems sad, but when he looks up to sees us. He quickly regains hope.

"Hey! There he is! I told you they would come!" The Earth Kingdom soldiers approach him, as does their leader, Gow. Zuko dismounts and takes off his hat, placing it on the ostrich horse. They face each other, battle imminent.

"Let the kid go." Zuko said as I stayed mounted on the ostrich horse and let my eyes darken in anger.

"Who do you think you are, telling us what to do?"

"It doesn't matter who I am. But I know who you are. You're not soldiers; you're bullies. Freeloaders, abusing your power. Mostly over women and kids. You don't want Lee in your army - you're sick cowards messing with a family who's already lost one son to the war." I got off the ostrich and looked at Lee.

"Are you gonna let this stranger stand there and insult you like this?" The soldier runs forward, spear in hand. He goes to attack Zuko, who pulls out his sword and punches the other man in the stomach with the hilt without fully unsheathing his sword. Zuko re-sheathes his sword while the man slides backward and runs away, panting heavily in fear.

A second Earth Kingdom soldier groans and runs to attack Zuko with his spear this time. Zuko punches the spear upward to move it out of the way, grabs onto the man's forehead, and shoves him to the ground. The man gets up slowly and flees as well.

A third Earth Kingdom soldier charges toward Zuko with his spear as well. Zuko stands there, waiting, until the spear is close enough and kicks the spear right in the middle, snapping it. The spearhead, along with half of the spear, goes flying in the other direction. The soldier gasps and runs away from Zuko like the two men before him. Lee laughs in satisfaction. A crowd has gathered; Sela's worried face is one of many.

With the last of his cronies gone, Gow steps up to the plate to fight Zuko, dual hammers against dual swords. They draw their weapons, and Gow throws the first blow, a rock he has earthbent, and powerfully thrusts over to Zuko. Zuko deflects it readily with his swords. Gow strikes again, this time with three large rocks instead of one. He sends them over in rapid succession to Zuko, who deflects the first two easily. However, the third rock hits him in the stomach and he stumbles backward.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. I let the flames spread from my hands. The purple color catching the people off guard. "Leave this village and its people alone." I said. The entire village looked at me with fear.

"A fire bender?" Zuko's eyes met mine and I clenched my fists letting my flames disappear.

"Give the kid back to his family. Leave here and never come back."

"Who are you?"

"I am Princess Hai of the Fire Nation. Married to the Prince."

"You."

"My name is Zuko. Son of Ursa and Fire Lord Ozai. Prince of the Fire Nation, and heir to the throne."

"Liar! I heard of you! You're not a prince, you're an outcast! His own father burned and disowned him!"

"SILENCE!" I commanded. The village cowered in fear. "We never wanted to get involved in your problems but we did! Gow and his soldiers are leaving thanks to us."

"You're evil fire nation!"

"It would shock you to know old man. I come from a family of water benders. Prince Zuko is not his father. And you people deserve the worst from Gow and his thugs. Don't ask anyone else for help!"

*skip*

We reached an abandoned village called Tu Zin. I knew Zuko had beef tracking the Avatar once more. His sister included. I was going to make sure the Avatar was safe while Azula got what she deserved.

"They're here. Stay back until I need you. Be safe." He said before leaning down and kissing my head.

"You be safe." I mumbled before he hopped off. He jumped off the ostrich horse and walked towards his sister and the Avatar.

After watching from a distance for awhile I see Zuko land on the ground unconscious. I immediately ran over to him and frowned. I watched Aang alternately jump between two buildings, with Azula firing blasts off-screen at each spot he lands on. Aang finally reaches the rooftop of the left building and scrambles to prop himself up.

Azula sends a blast of fire, slicing a portion of the rooftop off. Aang leaps off the crumbling portion onto another spot on the roof, only for Azula to repeat the same action. He lands on the ground inside the building, trapped beneath a pile of wooden planks.

I watched Azula put out her two fingers pointing outward, her typical lightning generation pose. When Katara suddenly appears in the doorway and sends a water whip at Azula, guiding her hand off course. Katara bends the stream of water around her and slices the wooden planks, thus freeing Aang.

"Katara!" Azula swiftly turns around and fires a blast at the waterbender, who races out of the building along the porch. Azula follows her in hot pursuit, only to be halted by Sokka, who emerges from another doorway and swings his machete her way. Sokka begins chasing her.

"Come on, wake up." I said whispering softly. He slowly begins to regain consciousness. The shadow beside us grows larger.

"Uncle ..."

"Get up!" We help Zuko get up.

"Hai, watch out." Katara said as Azula sends a fire blast towards us. I reach forward and swirl my hands in a circle. The flames dissipate as Azula suddenly falls over to the side, a girl on earth bending clothes appears from an alleyway, having just shifted the ground beneath her feet.

"I thought you guys could use a little help."

"Thanks." Azula rises to her feet and begins running away. She leaps over some crates and tries to escape, however, Iroh intervenes, using his round belly to knock her off her feet. Zuko and I now next to him. We all began cornering Azula.

"Well, look at this. Enemies and traitors, all working together. I'm done." She raises her hands in surrender. "I know when I'm beaten. You got me. A princess surrenders with honor." My eyes narrow and I step forward, the lightening I was collecting was unnoticeable.

"You've lost Azula." I said Azula, smirks, and takes a step forward, firing a blast at Iroh, who gets hit. He screams in pain and falls to the ground. The remaining six of us turn to face Azula, five of us bending our respective elements/ sub elements, lightening, and Sokka throwing his boomerang straight for her.

"Ugggh! Get away from us!" Zuko screamed.

"Katara, you can heal right?" I said quickly. I pulled Zuko away. "Please sister." I whispered.

"No!" I grabbed his hand and held him still.

"Zuko. Let them." I distracted him and gently kissed his lips.

"Oh." I heard someone voice. I pulled away from Zuko.

"Appa, Yip Yip."