14

"Zuko.." I mumbled sitting up. I frowned noticing he had moved away from me.

"Go back to sleep, you need to rest. You've been awake to long."

"Same goes for you. Iroh will wake up soon. Give him time."

"I need him to wake up." He whispered.

"Go to sleep love. I'll wake you up if I notice anything." He looked back at me before nodding slightly.

A few hours go past and Iroh moves slightly. I sighed and gently touched his forehead before moving to turn to Zuko. I leaned over him and gently kissed his forehead. He looked too peaceful to wake up. I sighed the shook him gently.

"He's starting to wake up." I mumbled. His eyes opened and he moved over to Iroh.

"Uncle ... you were unconscious. Azula did this to you. It was a surprise attack."

"Somehow, that's not so surprising." I snort at Iroh's small little jib.

"I hope I made it the way you like it." Zuko said handing Iroh a cup of tea. Iroh takes a sip from the cup and his eyes widen. He lets out a cry of disgust, but manages to mask it.

"Good. That was very ... uhhh ... bracing." He is handed another cup, which he throws out secretly behind his shoulder.

"So Uncle, I've been thinking. It's only a matter of time before I run into Azula again. I'm going to need to know more advanced firebending if I want to stand a chance against her. I know what you're going to say: she's my sister and I should be trying to get along with her." I stood up and sighed softly.

"No, she's crazy, and she needs to go down." Zuko nods. Iroh grunts as he stands up. "It's time to resume your training."

"Iroh be careful."

"Of course Princess." He said politely.

*short skip*

"Lightning is a pure form of firebending, without aggression. It is not fueled by rage or emotion the way other firebending is. Some call lightning the cold-blooded fire. It is precise and deadly, like Azula. To perform the technique requires peace of mind."

"I see. That's why we're drinking tea, to calm the mind." I sighed and stood beside Iroh.

"Oh yeah, good point! I mean, yes. There is energy all around us. The energy is both yin and yang. Positive energy and negative energy. Only a select few firebenders can separate these energies. This creates an imbalance." Iroh hesitated and looked at me.

"The energy wants to restore balance, and in a moment the positive and negative energy come crashing back together, you provide release and guidance, creating lightning." I step forward and generated lightening with wide, demonstrative moves before pushing my two fingers out towards the sky.

"I'm ready to try it!"

"Remember, once you separate the energy, you do not command it. You are simply its humble guide. Breathe first." Iroh said. I moved out of the way and put my hands in front of me. Zuko takes a deep breath. He tries to generate lightning, but instead an explosion launches him back. Iroh shakes his head in disappointment.

"Keep trying love." I said as he stood up. "Calm your inner thoughts. Breathe."

Another attempt by Zuko to generate lightning fails. I frowned and then stood back up.

"Why can't I do it? Instead of lightning it keeps exploding in my face ... like everything always does."

"I was afraid this might happen. You will not be able to master lightning until you have dealt with the turmoil inside you."