4

I looked up at the stars as the ship sailed ever so slowly. I couldn't help but question myself and how I reacted with Zuko earlier. Zuko was the first person to show me that I wasn't a tool. He was genuinely nice to me. His mother had been there for a few months after I arrived and she was the second to treat me as a person.

Zuko was just always there and I returned the favor. I started having a crush on him around the time his mother left. He showed so much emotion then especially when it was just him and I. He knew I'd understand, my mom was dead and his had left. The feeling of not being able to see them anymore. We grew attached. It was obvious.

We loved each other. And we continued our childhood notion of love until the announcement of our engagement went public. His father had decided we'd be married the first day I arrived. He made it public right before my 12th birthday. Prince Zuko was 13.

Then the Agni Kai that scarred his face happened. The Prince I loved changed. I came with Zuko because I thought he'd be the same boy I met all those years ago. He wasn't. At first it wasn't bad he just wanted to be alone. Then he started to push me away even more with hate.

I had to stop loving him.

"Princess." I heard causing me to jump slightly. "I apologize you looked deep in thought." I turned to the soldier and smiled softly.

"I was just thinking about the stars."

"You looked very beautiful while doing so. I mean you look beautiful all the time." I giggled before shaking my head.

"Thank you, it'd be nice if you'd take your helmet off when you decide to compliment me." I said before walking around him. He quickly removed his helmet. He was clearly not much older then Zuko or I do he must be new to our crew.

"I'm sorry, forgive my rudeness. My name is Jaron."

"Nice to meet you." I said softly.

"Hai." Zuko's voice rang through the air causing me to look away from Jaron.

"Zuko." I said. "It was nice meeting you Jaron." I said before walking over to Zuko.

"Is that an attempt at making me jealous?" He said softly. I rolled my eyes. "I can easily throw him overboard."

"We may be married in the eyes of the people but never forget it's an arrangement." I said calmly. He frowned slightly before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the hallway. I didn't fight back and just let him pull me along before we entered his room. "Why'd you bring me in here?"

He stayed silent just faced the door his head resting on it. I noticed he had locked it and sighed. I approached him slowly and put my hand on his back. I gently rubbed the area before he whipped around and slammed me against the nearest wall.

"It may be an arrangement but you're still mine." He grunted lowly before he pushed his lips to mine. I pushed at his chest before giving in and melting into the forceful kiss.

"Zuko." I mumbled as he pulled away. "You can't just do that."

"Since we came onto the ship, I have pushed you away over and over again. I realized when I was fighting Zhao how big of a screw up that was." He paused and sighed. "I've known it was a screw up longer then that actually. I just wasn't going to say anything until the avatars capture."

"Zuko."

"You said I was your first love." He said. I frowned and looked at him. "You're my only love." He whispered. My heart pounded as I looked down.

"Prince Zuko." I whispered. "You can't go from being a royal pain in front of people to saying you love me in private. You don't get to do that."

"I'm sorry."