17

"It's just a fractured rib. I'm fine Zuko." I said as he stopped me from leaving once more.

"You need to rest."

"I'm fine. Let's go."

As I walked into the tea shop I watched as Iroh serves tea to two customers, who enjoy it. They approach him.

"So, you're the genius behind this incredible brew. The whole city is buzzing about you! I hope Pao pays you well." The man said.

"Good tea is its own reward."

"But it doesn't have to be the only reward. How would you like to have your own tea shop?"

"My own tea shop? This is a dream come true!"

"What's going on here? Are you trying to poach my tea-maker?" Pao said standing between Iroh and the men.

"Sorry Pao, but that's business for you, am I right?"

"Mushi, if you stay, I'll make you assistant manager. Wait, senior assistant manager!"

"I'll provide you with a new apartment in the Upper Ring. The tea shop is yours to do whatever you want, complete creative freedom." Zuko and I both looked over as the man spoke.

"I even get to name the shop?"

"Of course!"

"Uh, senior executive assistant manager?" Iroh hands him the pot of tea and bows to the customer, agreeing to the terms. Zuko walks by, as Pao walks away sadly. My hand being grabbed as he walked over.

"Did you hear, nephew? Kya? This man wants to give us our own tea shop in the Upper Ring of the city!" I smiled at Iroh and nodded.

"That's right, young couple, your life is about to change for the better!"

"We'll try to contain my joy." Zuko said sarcastically as he walked outside, slamming the door shut.

"He's happy I swear." I said before running after him.

At our place of stay, which is about to change. Zuko and I enter Iroh's room. Iroh is packing his clothes.

"So, I was thinking about names for my new tea shop. How about the Jasmine Dragon? It's dramatic, poetic, has a nice ring to it."

"The Avatar is here in Ba Sing Se and he's lost his bison."

"We have a chance for a new life here. If you start stirring up trouble, we could lose all the good things that are happening for us."

"Good things that are happening for you! Have you ever thought that I want more from life than a nice apartment and a job serving tea?"

"There is nothing wrong with a life of peace and prosperity. I suggest you think about what it is that you want from your life and why."

"I want my destiny."

"What that means is up to you." Zuko walks away. "What about you Hai?"

"I want a new life but Zuko doesn't see it that way. He's not happy unless he's the prince."

"Tell him that."

"I will be ignored. I love Zuko but I will never get through to him."

"Hai. He loves you. Your opinion will matter."

"Yeah. I will finish packing mine and Zuko's items."

*short skip*

"Zuko?" I mumbled as the sky darkened. He looked at me and sighed.