626.Hypnotise

Nancy suddenly appeared by his side. She smiled and greeted him. "Uncle De, where are you headed to?"

"I have something to report to the Elder."

"It must be about the red packets that I gave Miss Lee earlier, isn't it?" She asked him directly.

Mingde understood that Mingyu had noticed him earlier. He did not conceal it. "Indeed."

Nancy spoke in an upset manner. "I'm sure you could tell as well, but Miss Lee doesn't seem very happy with me. She actually said that I was trying to swap her red packets with mine. I'm the only granddaughter from the Brushweiler Group. How could I possibly do such a thing? Look, when my grandfather, Director Brushweiler, gives me pocket money, he generally offers two million dollars at a go."

She then showed him the message she received from the bank earlier. "Lee Lalisa is intentionally trying to attack me. Please don't believe in her words. Could you put in a good word on my behalf when speaking to Grandfather Jeon?"

Mingde scanned the message and saw that the Brushweiler Group had truly sent her two million dollars. "How does Miss Jeon wish for me to do so?"

"Tell him that..." Nancy thought about it. "Tell him that I picked up Miss Lee's red packets with good intentions, but she intentionally framed me and claimed that I was trying to replace her red packets."

Mingde was astonished. "Miss Jeon, that was not the case. It's inappropriate for you to do so."

"I also had no intention of replacing her red packets. Do you think it's appropriate for her to frame me?" Nancy stepped closer to him and secretly stuffed a cheque into his hands. "This is an expression of my sincerity. I hope you will help me."

Mingde glanced at the cheque. It was for sixty thousand dollars.

She sure was generous.

He handed the cheque back to her. "Miss Lee is to become Madam Jeon with certainty. I have spent my whole life working for the Jeon family. If I make up lies about her, I will be chased out of the Jeon home. I cannot accept your money. Besides, no matter who this issue is about, as a butler, I cannot be dishonest."

"It's fine if you won't do it. Keep the money with you..."

"I cannot." Mingde forcefully pressed the cheque back into her hands. "If you insist any further, please do not blame me for telling the Elder that you attempted to bribe me into giving him a false report."

Nancy could only take the cheque back. She gritted her teeth. "In that case, you insist upon reporting the earlier matter truthfully to Grandfather Jeon?"

"Indeed. Although you are the great Director Brushweiler's granddaughter, it is one thing that he has given you money. It is completely irrelevant to the matter of yours and Lee Lalisa's red packets." Mingde responded professionally. "I trust that the Elder can form his own judgements after learning the truth."

"Is that so?" Nancy's gaze suddenly turned cold. As though in response, Mingde's eyes turned blank.

"Earlier, Nancy accidentally dropped Lee Lalisa's red packets when she was trying to give her some red packets. She immediately returned it to Lee Lalisa." Nancy spoke slowly.

Mingde repeated mechanically. "Earlier, Nancy accidentally dropped Lee Lalisa's red packets when she was trying to give her some red packets. She immediately returned it to Lee Lalisa."

Nancy repeated this several times until a strong impression was formed in Mingde's mind. She then smirked in satisfaction. "Go on."

Mingde then headed for the mansion.

She had initially planned on making Mingde insist Lee Lalisa had framed her for swapping their red packets.

However, she realised that it was difficult to make this matter look convincing given that there was only twenty dollars in each of her red packets.