653.Change Of Strategy

"That excuse of yours will only fool ghosts." Lisa smiled indifferently.

All of a sudden, she said creepily, "Mingyu, Nancy, a house like this attracts unwanted spirits. If you have inappropriate thoughts in such a place, it's very likely that you'll be possessed by one of them, or you'll suffer three years of misfortune. Who knows, something dirty may already be clinging onto you."

"What nonsense are you spouting?" Nancy jerked back in fright. She immediately glared at Jaebeom, who had just returned after attending a phone call. "What's wrong with you? You knew that this is a haunted house and a murder took place here. Why did you still bring us to this apartment?"

"Miss Lee knew this beforehand and still requested to view this apartment." Jaebeom rushed to respond.

Nancy was in disbelief. "Lisa, you've just picked up... you just received eighteen million dollars from the Jeon family's elders. You're also a relatively famous fashion designer. You can't possibly be poor to the point where you have to buy a haunted house, are you? Could it be that you're planning to pretend to be poor to take more money from the Jeon family?"

"You must be mentally impaired." Lisa smiled coldly.

"You speak as if you haven't received a single cent from the Jeon family. The Jeon family has been trying to chase your family away with a sum of money for quite some time. Why do you refuse to leave? From what I know, from the day you, Huang Zhishu and Mingyu entered the Jeon family, you've been receiving up to twenty thousand dollars of pocket money every month. Every holiday, you take money for clothes from them. Not to mention, there are the red packets which you receive during the New Year. I heard that the Jeon family also replaces your cars every five years. You've been taking advantage of the Jeon family and using your relationship with them to obtain benefits from outsiders. The Jeon family have been requesting for you guys to leave the Jeon home and cut off all relations with them, yet the three of you have stubbornly clung onto them in refusal, in hopes of having another day of free lunch. What gives you the right to criticise me?"

Nancy's complexion turned extremely poor. "How do you know all of this so well?" Her cousin, Jungkook, was unlikely to speak about these things.

That was because the money they were receiving was not from Jungkook, but came from the Jeon family's business.

Lisa spent ten years as Jungkook's wife and had slowly learnt about this in the Jeon family's mansion.

The helpers would gossip among themselves every so often. Nancy and her family also had the habit of coming by once in a while to take something from the Jeon family's storeroom. Thus, she slowly understood the full picture.

"I've been engaged to Jungkook since we were young. Isn't it normal for me to know these things?" Lisa gave her a suitable answer and glanced at her in disdain. "It's normal for Jungkook to want to give me money, and more so, for the Jeon family's elders to give me red packets the first time they met me. Compared to you, the Jeon family's leeches, I'm much better!"

"Who are you calling leeches?" Nancy nearly lost control over her tone.

This Lisa was especially skilled in making people unhappy.

"I'm calling you." Lisa smiled coldly as she returned the term 'leech', which she had received from Nancy in her last life, back to her.

Nancy was angered to the point where her expression changed drastically. Mingyu raised his voice at that time. "Enough, Sister! We're all a family here. Why are you arguing with Lisa?"

"Brother, why are you on her side?" Jingrou was taken aback.

Mingyu's expression was also poor after being called a 'leech'. Furthermore, there were outsiders, Soobin and Jaebeom, witnessing this.

However, he decided to change his strategy.

Jungkook always worked impeccably. He had a power status and was extremely influential. Lisa was his only weakness.

If he wanted to ruin Jungkook, he could only do so through Lisa. Thus, he needed to first win her liking. "You were the one who mocked her first."

Nancy was especially insightful and immediately understood her brother's intentions. Thus, she remained silent despite her dark expression.