698.Gifting The Brushweiler Group Shares

"Grandfather, have you thought about my feelings?" Nancy's eyes had reddened. She was able to tolerate all matters. However, this involved a loss of a billion dollars.

Furthermore, though she was his granddaughter, she had only ever received two million dollars of pocket money from him. She did not own the slightest bit of his shares!

"Your feelings?" Brushweiler Jingyuan turned to her in confusion.

He spoke with some unhappiness. "Nancy, didn't you say that you didn't verify our familial relationship for the sake of the Brushweiler Group's inheritance? Besides, though our Brushweiler family has over a hundred years of history, we're but one of the affluent families in this country. The business foundation and achievements that the Brushweiler Group has today were all things I personally fought for. I have the right to decide what should be done with the Brushweiler family's assets. What is this? Are you revealing your true colours just because I gave ten percent of our shares away?"

"Grandfather, that wasn't what I meant. I just..." Nancy's tears rolled down her cheeks. "I was just jealous. You're treating an outsider even better than you treat your own granddaughter."

"Enough of that." Jingyuan also softened his attitude. "In any case, you are the Brushweiler family's only successor." Strangely, he did not wish to hand his inheritance over to Nancy.

Lisa read the document and saw that it was actually ten percent of the Brushweiler Group's shares.

She placed the document back in the envelope and handed it back to Jingyuan. "Grandfather Brushweiler, I have received your sincere blessing, but I cannot bring myself to accept such a grand gift."

"This old man brought this for you. Accept it!" Jingyuan insisted. "Besides, you already received it. There's no such thing as returning a wedding gift!"

Lisa glanced thoughtfully at Nancy, who was clearly struggling to accept this. She then nodded lightly.

Based on her recollections of her past life, Jingyuan would soon pass away.

Currently, it seemed like he would rather hand his stocks over to an outsider like her than to give it to Nancy. This meant that Jingyuan was not especially fond of this granddaughter.

It was a good idea to accept the stocks. After all, Nancy was a woman with impure intentions.

In this lifetime, she would not allow Jingyuan to die.

Considering the favour Elder Brushweiler had given her today, if Nancy truly cheated all his money away one day, she would return this ten percent of shares to him. At the very least, it would be enough for him to enjoy a comfortable retirement.

Nancy watched as Lisa shamelessly accepted the shares worth a billion dollars. Her face nearly turned green from anger.

That was her money!

Mingyu and Huang Zhishu were similarly trembling in anger. Nancy's things were akin to theirs! Losing it felt as painful as losing a portion of their flesh!

"Madam Jeon, Elder Brushweiler was but being polite with you. Where did you find the face to accept his shares?" Huang Zhishu could not contain her anger as she spoke up for her daughter.

Before Lisa could respond, Jingyuan raised his voice. "You're only Nancy's adopted mother. Who gave you the right to interfere with my Brushweiler Group's matters? What is it? You haven't taken enough of the Jeon family's money? Are you also greedy for my Brushweiler family's money?"

"I..." Huang Zhishu immediately turned pale. "Director Brushweiler, that wasn't what I meant."

"If it wasn't what you meant, then keep your mouth shut." Jingyuan shot her a warning look.

Nancy was full of grievance, but she did not dare to speak again. She only said, "I'm feeling unwell. Please excuse me." Saying so, she quickly ran out of the wedding venue.

No one paid attention to Nancy.

Lisa stood before the reporters to declare. "Everyone, the Brushweiler Group is a powerful corporation with a hundred years of history. It's inevitable that they'll be targeted by greedy individuals. I, Lisa, will make a promise today to temporarily accept the shares Director Brushweiler has given me. In the future, if he ever has the need, all he has to is to ask and I will return everything I own back to him."