Drone Social Media (Shorts)

In a room inside some outpost, there is a single computer on a desk, and in this room are a dozen worker drones, staring at the screen.

"Just tap space already!" says one of the workers.

But the one sitting at the desk dithers as their finger hovers over the space bar. If he taps it, the monitor will wake.

Another worker shrugs, "Maybe he doesn't know how to tap buttons?"

At that, the worker sitting at the desk slams their fist down on the keyboard, breaking it, but also waking the computer and resuming a previously paused youtube video.

On the monitor appears Serial Designation V, who asks, "Are you really watching murder drones all by yourself?"

"No, I'm with the science team!" screams the workers in unison.

The workers in the room holler and cheer. One of them snaps a table over their head. A second runs through the wall and tumbles down a hundred stairs. A third smacks another with a frying pan. While a fourth just clips through the floor because the excitement was too much to handle.

...

Serial Designation N opens up his phone one day, "Alright, time to see what tik tok has for me today."

But then Uzi kicks down the door to the pod yelling, "N NO!" and grabs his phone, smashing it onto the floor, "NO!" then punches the wall, only to scream because that hurts. Despite being a robot, it appears drones can still feel pain.

Uzi then runs up to N and grabs him by the collar, "YOU DO NOT OPEN TIK TOK YOU HEAR?! IT DRIVES HUMANS INSANE!"

"But we're not humans!" reasons SD-N, "Besides, it doesn't look malicious or anything."

"Doll didn't look malicious and look at how that turned out for everyone." counters Uzi.

SD-N sighs, "You didn't have to break my phone."

Uzi points to the far wall, which has an array of JCJenson branded phones, "J has a collection of them! Just take one!"

N gasps, "I couldn't! They're J's property! She earned them!"

Uzi makes noises that can only amount to confusion and sheer not caring. So she hops over, tears a phone from the wall, with too much force that it snapped the phone into two halves. She threw it onto the ground cursing because who cares. She then takes a Nokia 4421 JCJenson variant instead, it's more durable than those iPhones that can't even pop off a soda cap. So it could handle being manhandled by Uzi.

Uzi then grabs N's hand and slaps that phone onto his hand, "Here!"

"But I-"

"JUST TAKE IT!" Uzi shoves railgun into N's face, "It's a mandatory gift! Rejection is not an option!"

N nods slowly and Uzi backs away and cackles madly as she runs out of the spire.

N lets out a sigh a relief, "Sweet biscuits that was crazy."

...

Teacher sips his coffee and looks at tik tok. Sliding through the random recommendation feed. Then clicks on one video that appears to have his students on.

"Uwu!" says Lizzy playfully, without a care.

"Uwu." says Uzi annoyed, because she knows the uwu.

"..." says Doll, because she only has a stern gaze to give the camera for a full five seconds.

"Uwu?" asks Kelsey, who appears to have been studying and someone else is recording, as if she was asked to say this to the camera.

"UWU" is the last thing heard before Serial Designation V slashes the screen.