8. |part two|

••••

••••

| Same night, after the game |

Arriving home Kennedy noticed that her dad wasn't around and it was the perfect opportunity to talk to her mother. Tears streamed down her face as Joshua tried calming her down, "MOM!" She yelled walking up the steps to her mothers bedroom.

Cassidy quickly stood and opened the door, "Why are you screaming? What's the matter?"

"Why would you go and tell dad about Sincere's abuse?" She snapped, Cassidy raised her eyebrow.

"Watch who you're taking to young woman, what does it matter? What the hell happened?"

Kennedy chuckled angrily wiping her tears. Feeling Joshua protectively grab her waist, "Just calm down. I don't think now is the time." He told her.

He hadn't been around long but from tonight he could sense that Shakur and Sincere may have had something going on, and Kennedy confronting her mother about it didn't seem like the brightest thing to do— it was her husband at the end of the day. Joshua knew that Sincere was Cassidy's assistant and he could only imagine the reaction she'd have if Kennedy continued on. He knew his girlfriend could never control her mouth nor her anger. She'd say anything while mad.

"Nobody is talking to you," Cassidy snapped at Joshua.

"And you ain't talking to him," Kennedy frowned.

"I'm not going to tell you again to watch your mouth little girl, you think you big shit because you having sex? Is that what it is?" Her hate for her child started to seep out, "You want to turn everyone against me, Sincere and now MY HUSBAND!" She yelled.

"So that's what it is? You're jealous of me? Your own child, you're pathetic!" Kennedy scoffed. "Just stop running your mouth about Sincere when you know YOUR HUSBAND can't control his weird ass homophobia."

Cassidy raised her hand and slapped Kennedy, watching as her head flew to the side. The slap was so powerful she was sure she'd be bruised.

Once Kennedy raised her hand to hit her back Joshua quickly grabbed her and picked her up. "Let me go, let me go!" She kicked and screamed trying to get to her mother.

"Get her the fuck out of my sight!" Cassidy yelled, "I'm sick of your ass!"

"I'm sick of you too bitch!" Kennedy screamed, "I HATE YOU!"

"I HATE YOU TOO,"

Joshua successfully took Kennedy out of the home, this was his first time seeing the two interact and it upset him. Kennedy had never once mentioned anything she went through at home, how her and her mom didn't get along or that Cassidy acted how she did with her. He was starting to think he didn't know much about Kennedy at all, when he had opened up to her about everything. However, now wasn't the time to adress it with her being so upset. He needed to calm her down, for the sake of their child.